Lavry Engineering Blue 4496-22 4-Channel AD & Preamp Assembly
Lavry Engineering Blue 4-Channel AD / 2-Channel Microphone Preamp Assembly
The LavryBlue M∙AD824 AD converter module and M.SYNC board Features
- 2 channels of sonically transparent Lavry A-to-D conversion
- Ultra-stable internal crystal operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Narrow external lock for ultra-stable operation at 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz
- Wide lock mode for non-standard sample rates or vari-speed operation
- 24 bit, 16 bit and 16 bit plus dither and Ã¡coustic Bit Correction noise shaping.
- Analog and Digital Saturation modes allow hotter recording levels
- Digital level metering with â??clippingâ? indicators and peak hold
- Reference mode for calibration to studio standard levels
- SPDIF compatible AES/XLR digital output
- Two channels of professional microphone preamplification
- Impedance matching for Condenser, Dynamic, and Ribbon micâ??s
- Super-low noise and distortion over a wide input and gain range
- Transformerless electronically balanced inputs and outputs
- Precision Gain setting 21-70 dBâ??s in 1dB steps
- 48V Phantom power with internal disable for vintage condenser microphones
The MicPre is designed to yield a superior dynamic range even for high source impedance microphones. The transformer free input provides pure and transparent bass, while featuring state of the art in common mode rejection exceeding transformer based units (for elimination of hum and interference pickup). Phantom power per channel is ultra-low noise double shunt regulated for minimum noise and channel separation.
Outside, the no-nonsense controls are extremely user friendly. Each channel is equipped with a 2-digit gain setting display and up/down switch. These individual controls accommodate 21-70dB of gain in 1dB steps. A Gain Pad switch (per stereo pair) changes the gain range to 11-60dB, for higher level inputs or to feed lower voltage analog interfaces. The last gain settings are stored and will reappear at next use.
Each stereo pair has a microphone selection switch (Condenser, Dynamic or Ribbon), for microphone load optimization. Setting to â??condenserâ? activates the phantom power. Internal jumpers allow change from balanced to unbalanced outputs, and for disabling the phantom power when using self-powered vintage micâ??s.
This unit operates with AC power from 90 - 264 VAC, 50/60 Hz.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review