iZotope Iris 2 Sample-Based Synthesizer
The iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer, unearth a world of sounds you've never heard before - you'll find music in everything!
iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer Details
With iZotope's Iris 2 (sample based synthesizer), you can create and discover musical sounds that have never been heard before. A powerfully creative and inspiring sample-based synthesizer, Iris 2 is immediately playable; combining the power of a sampler, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the unique fun of spectral filtering.
Select from hundreds of expertly crafted Bass, Keys, Leads, Pads, and Rhythmic patches, then customize or build your own patches with an 11 GB factory library of intriguing audio samples; a modern modulation system, classic filters, evocative effects, and more. Explore a vast new world of musical possibilities with iZotope's Iris 2.
What is Iris 2?
Iris is an innovative, sample-based synthesizer that empowers you to create musical sounds like never before. Start by layering up to four distinctive audio samples, then use the spectrogram display and selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics.
Still hungry for more? Add attitude, dimension, and depth to your creation by applying iZotopeʼs world-class effects: chorus, reverb, delay, distortions, ﬁlters, and more. Or modulate more than one hundred parameters through a simple, single-click-and-drop assignment system.
Produce exciting tracks instantly with an epic library of new patches and audio samplesâ?"all included with your purchase of Iris 2.
- Inspiring new patches: Get started quickly with hundreds of compelling new patches by world-class sound designers, in categories like Leads, Keys, Bass, Rhythmic, and more.
- 11 GB sample library: Explore 11 GB of audio samples, all provided as 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler.
- OSC WAVs: Generate sounds from dozens of classic analog oscillator samples or oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs), now available in all four sample pools.
- Your own sound library: Import your own audio files to craft truly one-of-a-kind sounds.
Unique Spectral Filtering Tools
Tweak your sounds deeply with Iris 2ʼs diverse and intuitive spectral selection tools. Iris 2 makes it fun to experiment and manipulate your selections even further, with additional controls for zooming, inverting, and more.
- Spectrogram display: Visualize the frequency content of your audio and discover sonic details a traditional waveform doesnâ??t show you.
- Spectral Filter: Draw your own unique filter shapes and isolate specific frequencies to discover new sonic possibilities in your sample library.
- Selection tools: Use a lasso for free-hand drawing of any size or shape, an adjustable brush for more ﬂuid selections, and a magic wand for intelligent selection of harmonic regions.
Flexible, New Modulation System
Bring movement and expression to your sound with dynamic tremolo effects, expressive vibratos, and radical filter sweeps, all easily synced to your host tempo. Apply up to five adjustable-curve ADSR envelopes as well as five LFOs with dozens of morphing wavetable options.
- Over 100 modulatable parameters: Sculpt your signature sound using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controls.
- Envelopes: Advanced ADSR envelopes let you creatively experiment with your amplitude through adjustable curves, draggable nodes, invert mode, and modulation of all four parameters.
- LFO: Morph and visualize shape changes with real-time animation. Our LFOs contain 20 different wavetable types, each with multiple shapes and a modulatable control to move between them.
- MIDI controllers and Macro controls: Attach MIDI expression controls like key tracking, velocity, aftertouch, and the mod wheel, and save assignments with your patches. Create Macro controls to control multiple parameters with a single knob in perfect proportions.
Enhanced Effects and Filters
Iris 2 features some of the best of iZotopeâ??s award-winning signal processing technology, available in Send or Master signal chains that save with every patch.
- Distortion: Add grit and saturation to your sound with six distortion filters like Tube, Clipping, and Aliasing, taken straight from iZotopeâ??s award-winning Trash 2.
- Chorus: Supply a subtle widening or radical flanging with a spacious chorus effect, inspired by a classic â??80s synth chorus with modern flexibility and controls.
- Stereo Delay: Enjoy lush, crystal-clean decays with a tempo-syncable stereo delay. A bonus analog-modeled overdrive algorithm crunches and darkens your delayed signal like a classic tape echo or bucket-brigade pedal.
- Reverb: Expand your sense of space with a meticulously modeled Plate Reverb tailored specifically for synths, great for everything from subtle ambience to cavernous pads.
- Filters: Add a smooth, sweeping sound with 17 different filter ﬂavors, including classic analog Low-Pass and High-Pass filters as well as exotic Vocal Formant, Band Pass, and Peak filters from Trash 2.
Weâ??ve optimized Iris 2 to be an instrument that helps inspire creativity and introduce new possibilities into your musical process. Each knob, button, panel, feature, and workflow has been reviewed with input from dozens of artists and users.
- Redesigned interface: Find the right tool at the right time with a completely redesigned interface. Choose from a comprehensive all-in-one view, or hide/undock modules for a more streamlined view.
- Macro Controls: Quickly access and assign macro controls for easy customization of your sound. You can control them via the Patch Browser as well as an undockable window that can always be open.
- Visualizations: See the effects of modulation and filters in real time for every modulated parameter. Visualize your spectral content with a spectrum analyzer from our award-winning Insight metering suite, included right in the master section.
- Intelligent Zero Crossing: Loop sample selections seamlessly using our new Intelligent Zero Crossing technology.
Expand your sound palette with hundreds of exclusive musical patches from world-class sound designers and 11 GB of audio samples. Get inspired by the sounds, then explore new sonic territory. Itâ??s easy to create or discover something totally new, just by tweaking a few controls.
A broad variety of soundscapes, pads, synth, bass, and lead patches can be creatively altered for adventurous sonic explorationâ?"from soaring leads, ethereal choirs, and percussive effects to pulsing tones, lush chords, and ominous growls.
After you've installed and authorized Iris 2, you can access this epic library of sound by logging into your iZotope account and downloading the installer(s).
- Bass: Explore Bass patches containing Thick Subs, Crunchy Grit, Vintage, or Modern Bass soundsâ?"and whatever else in between.
- Keys: The Keys category gives you plucky tones and sweeping timbres, providing expressive jumping-off points for your track.
- Leads: Lead patches range from clean and bell-like to destructed mayhem, analog delayed, and gliding spectral colors.
- Pads: Irisâ??s spectral selections and layering provide pads ranging from somber underscores to full and intricate melodic construction.
- Rhythmic:The Rhythmic patches make use of Irisâ??s extensive new modulation system to amazing effect: pulsing beats and detailed modulation at times dirty and clean, spacious and close.
Audio Sample Categories
- Abstract: Add an element of intrigue to your project with the Abstract sound library. Sample categories range from Pulses, Rhythmic, and Sweeps to FX and Production Elements. Add a â??Haunting Droneâ? or â??Granular Torchingâ? to your track and transport your listeners to a brave new world of truly unexplored terrain.
- Environments: From bustling casinos to sci-fi soundscapes, Environments provides a diverse collection of ambiences ready for musical adventures. Load one of the samples and start tweaking instantly, transforming the familiar to the unique and the mundane to the mysterious. Environments is ideal for finding inspiration for your next track or production product.
- Instruments: Standard musical instruments are not always what they seem. Rediscover new beauty and intrigue within familiar sound sources through the Instruments library. Instruments takes what you know and makes it fresh again by uncovering unconventional timbres and tonesâ?"bringing something special to the run-of-the-mill piano, guitar, and bass sounds youâ??re used to.
- Objects: Explore the inherent sonic possibilities of objectsâ?"some everyday, and some not-so-everydayâ?"in a musical and meaningful context. The resulting sounds are inviting, uplifting, and unusual. Objects is an eclectic collection of ambiences; the library includes exploits with bottles, mirrors, marbles, glasses, shards, and more.
- Synthesizers: The Synthesizers collection is designed to harness the varied sonic palettes and possibilities of classic synths. From the vintage modulars to modern masters, the Synthesizers library spans a wide range of both musical and chaotic sources. Try creating monster stacks from an ARP 2600, a Moog Modular, an Oberheim Eight-Voice and an EDP Wasp. Start experimenting and youâ??ll find everything from traditional oscillators to lush effects; glitchy rhythmic syncopations to fat bass sounds.
- Toys: Childhood sounds can be full of hope and sunshineâ?"or they can be the eerie stuff of horror-filled nightmares. The Toys library embraces both perceptions, resulting in a playful collection of child-like sentiments that can sometimes leave you screaming in the dark. Featuring a broad variety from childrenâ??s instruments to a circuit bent Speak & Spell, the Toys sound library possesses many possibilities for both soundtracks and sound design.
- Voice: The Voice library melds the world of incredible spectral manipulation with the most powerful instrument there isâ?"the human voice. From simple solo voices and choirs, to beatboxing, hooks, and vocoded rises, Voice is dark, ominous, cheery, and wonderfully musical all at the same time. Breathe a humanâ?"or animalâ?"element into your synthetic stylings with Voice.
What's New in Iris 2
- Flexible new modulation system: Iris 2â??s modulation system was completely rebuilt from the ground up. Now, over 100 parameters can be modulatedâ?"using up to five LFOs, five Envelopes, MIDI Expression Controllers, and Macro Controlsâ?"with a simple, single-click-and-drop assignment system.
- Fresh and inspiring patches:An epic library of content is included with your Iris 2 purchase. The Iris 2 Sound Library includes hundreds of exciting new patches by world-class sound designers, plus an 11 GB sample library. Chock-full of 24-bit .WAV files for use in any sampler, the sample library includes reorganized and remastered samples from the original Iris+8 library, as well as 3 GB of brand new samples for Iris 2.
- Sample pools that can load a sample and classic oscillator waveforms:Enjoy increased flexibility with four sample pools that allow you to load any sample. Additionally, dozens of classic analog oscillator waveforms (OSC WAVs) are now available in all four sample pools, quickly accessible right from the empty spectrogram.
- Completely redesigned interface and experience:Get inspired by a wealth of creative tools at your fingertips. Each knob, button, panel, feature, and workflow has been reviewed with input from dozens of artists and users to introduce new possibilities into your musical process.
- Extensive visualizations and metering:Quickly identify the effects of your spectral filtering and processing. Every modulated parameter meters the effects of modulation in real time, and a version of the spectrum analyzer from our award-winning Insight metering suite is included right in the master section.
- Enhanced effects and filters:The very best of iZotopeâ??s award-winning signal processing technology is built right in, including distortion and filters from Trash 2, a crystal-clean new delay, and modulatable controls of nearly every parameter within the Multi-mode Master Filter and four effects processors.
iZotope Iris Sample-Based Synthesizer Specifications
- Operating system requirements:
- Windows: 7, 8, and 10
- Mac: OS X 10.7 or later (Intel only)
- Plug-in formats: (32/64 bit)
- Audio Units
- Host Compatibility:
- Ableton Live 8 and 9
- Logic Pro X
- Pro Tools
- FL Studio
- Studio One
- and many more.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review