IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.5 Crossgrade (Download)
IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.5
IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.5 Details
In 2001, IK Multimedia made history with SampleTank, the first ever sample-based sound workstation for computer. That release was followed in 2003 by SampleTank 2, which has since become an industry standard with an unparalleled software longevity due to its high-quality sounds, easy-to-use interface and powerful included effects. Considering its versatility and power, it's no wonder that SampleTank has been featured on thousands of the most iconic productions and compositions of the last decade. Now, over ten years in the making, SampleTank 3.5 builds on this storied heritage. Like its predecessors, it's the most advanced sound workstation available on the market today with a whole new world of sounds, advanced playing and editing features and a full suite of studio-quality effects. SampleTank 3.5 builds on the features that have made it one of the most popular virtual instruments of all time making it an essential piece in the musical toolkit of any serious musician, studio producer or live performer for years to come.
A sound for every song, literally
What makes SampleTank 3.5 so powerful is its extraordinarily large sound library. SampleTank 3.5 now comes with over 33 gigabytes of professionally recorded instruments â?" thatâ??s over 4,000 instruments in 21 instrument categories â?" far more than most other music workstations out-of-the-box. Plus, SampleTank 3.5 includes over 2,500 drum, percussion and full groove construction kit loops and over 2,000 MIDI patterns for its brand new MIDI player section. These sounds are far from ordinary; SampleTank 3.5's library has been carefully assembled and recorded by IK's experienced recording engineers with high-quality instruments played by professional musicians in some of the world's finest studios. Each instrument has been chosen and recorded to produce the rich depth and vivid realism of live playing. With SampleTank 3.5, you'll swear a musician is in the room with you â?" more importantly, though, is that SampleTank 3.5's powerful editing and effects features let you control every aspect of these sounds allowing for an unparalleled creative sonic experience.
Though SampleTank 3.5 features a massive quantity of quality content â?" with a variety that far surpasses similar workstations â?" its real forte is the quality of its sounds which accurately replicate all the qualities of your favorite instruments. Its pianos, drums, basses, guitars, synthesizers, brass, strings, vocals and other more exotic sounds shine brightly in any mix with little adjustment. And all this is available in an easy-to-use workstation that has a workflow that lets you get right into doing what you do best: making great sounding music. That SampleTank 3.5 is "Made in Italy" ought to give you an idea of the dedicated craftsmanship and style at the heart of the program. Itâ??s an extensive selection of samples that have been hand-crafted, one-by-one, after countless hours of passionate studio work by IK's master sound engineers â?" it's more than just a collection of sounds, it's an all-in-one solution and toolbox that can satisfy the needs of even the most demanding of music producers.
SampleTankâ??s secret weapon:the engine
SampleTank has long been considered the undisputed king when it comes to resampling. Its 3 engines go beyond traditional resampling (which you can find in any sampler). It offers advanced pitch-shifting/time-stretching for loops and grooves. And its unique formant preserving STRETCHâ"¢ engine provides an unparalleled level of realism when dealing with vocals, woodwinds, brass, and other organic sounds. When used together these features allow for a virtually unlimited assortment of creative sample effect combinations. Completely retooled and remade, SampleTank 3.5's new software engine has been greatly enhanced while maintaining its traditional quick sample load times and light CPU usage.
Experience enhanced playability with SampleTank 3.5's new "round robin" sample switching â?" it's there to lend an organic "live" feeling to your playing by cycling through different samples of the same instrument. Coupled with SampleTank 3.5's new multiple articulations â?" triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity â?" this provides maximum realism on highly expressive instruments like guitars, woodwinds, percussion, brass, and more. When used correctly these new features can make SampleTank 3.5's sound indistinguishable from the real thing.
SampleTank 3.5 now also includes 10 new types of filter effects, many of which are spot-on emulations of some of the most historically significant analog ladder and phaser filters. SampleTank 3.5 also enhances your editing workflow by centralizing all control in one easy to use interface. Whatever your creative audio needs may be, SampleTank 3 delivers with stunning precision, accuracy and ease. And if you are not particularly technologically minded (or an advanced producer), no problem! Now SampleTank 3.5 offers 8 macro control knobs for every sound. IK Multimedia's sound designers have already pre-programmed complex parameters chains so you have all the controls you need arranged in a way that lets you quickly and effortlessly create the sounds you need.
Get in the groove
Now you can get your groove on with SampleTank 3.5â??s new built-in MIDI engine. Use hundreds of grooves, patterns and loops to build killer rhythmic tracks that you can easily sync together â?" you can even export them to your DAW. SampleTank 3.5's multi-part pattern player can hold up to 128 simultaneous MIDI patterns in each of its 16 parts. This allows for extensive control of intensity, transposition and quantization. SampleTank 3.5 lets you use the included ore-made patterns and loops to come up with complex and inspiring rhythmic textures and beats on the fly. These grooves are lifelike and highly professional, and that's because SampleTank 3.5's rhythm section has been recorded by some of the finest drummers and percussionists in the world. Now you can have great sounding, pro-quality grooves right from the start. And when you want to further refine your patterns and use them in your sequencer, simply drag them to your DAW to use them from there.
An effects powerhouse
A large part of SampleTank's long-standing popularity has been its suite of built-in effects, a feature that owes a lot to IK Multimediaâ??s reputation for top-quality audio effects. SampleTank 3.5 continues this legacy with a significant amount of new features.
The heart of this is its new intuitive and realistic mixer-like interface. Presented like a traditional mixer, it offers 16 instrument channels that each feature 5 insert effect slots and 4 stereo effect returns plus a Master Channel with 5 effect slots. Using these effects can quickly be inserted, bypassed, previewed and edited without leaving the main mixer menu. This powerful effects routing system allows for up to 30 effects to be applied to a single SampleTank sound for a truly mind blowing assortment of creative sound design possibilities. On top of that, the internal multiÂ-effects selection now contains 55 high-quality effects with 22 brand-new effects derived from the best analog-modeled algorithms and convolution technology found in AmpliTube and TÂRackS plus brand new effects developed just for SampleTank 3.5.
With the new additions, SampleTank 3.5 is the only virtual instrument that gives you a world of sound plus IK Multimedia's legendary outboard processors, instrument-specific studio effects and hard-to-find analog vintage effects. And it's all in the same easy to use workstation. SampleTank 3.5 lets you add powerful vintage-modeled effects from AmpliTube like the classics Chorus1, UniV and TapeEcho to your keyboard and bass samples. Try AmpliTube's exquisitely modeled rotary speaker on your organ tones. Punch up your drums with T-RackS outboard processors like the Black 76, White 2A and Model 670. And make your grand pianos sparkle with the all-new soundboard resonance, piano lid control and convolution-based reverb.
All this is to say that SampleTank 3.5 is more than just its voluminous library of samples: it's a full-featured workstation â?" with a massive assortment of high-quality effects â?" at only a fraction of the price of what it'd take to amass a similar library with other virtual instruments.
The live workstation
For years, SampleTank has been the workstation of choice for live performance on stage with laptop. Now, SampleTank 3.5 is an even better choice thanks to its new live feature. Now you can organize your set lists and song sounds within SampleTank 3.5 for instant recall with direct on-screen selection or MIDI Program Changes. SampleTank features an innovative memory management system so you can pre-load sounds into RAM according to your gig set list.
Sounds beautiful, looks beautiful
SampleTank has always been very easy to use and this is a key point also for SampleTank 3.5. It features a beautiful, uncluttered look that's sure to please both your ears and your eyes. And now SampleTank 3.5 is more visually appealing than ever, with each main instrument depicted in 3D for immediate visual reference and instant recognition. This, together with its smart design workflow makes learning and working with SampleTank 3.5 a breeze â?" you'll be up and making music in minutes.
What's New in IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.5
- Additional sound libraries: 12 new sound collections split between the beatmaking instruments and patterns "Beats Seriesâ? and loop construction-kits, genre-specific "Elektronika Seriesâ?
- SampleTank 3.5 Custom Shop: Browse, preview, download and purchase all your favorite IK gear seamlessly
- Favorites system: Star and store your most used instruments for easy recall
- Improved interface: Browse and open instruments with your computer keyboard
- Improved organization: Instrument libraries are displayed through easily viewed graphic banners
IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.5 Features
- Over 33 GB of included sounds
- Over 4,000 new instruments with 21 instrument categories covering the entire span of acoustic, electric and electronic sounds
- Over 2,500 drum, percussion and full construction-kit loops played by world-renowned artists
- Over 2,000 MIDI files in all categories
- Completely redesigned interface with 4 main environments: Play, Mix, Edit and Pad that retain SampleTankâ??s legendary ease-of-use and fast operation
- 16 channel multi-part Play interface with easy layering and an integrated MIDI player and mixer
- All-in-one sound Edit page with 3 sample engines (including formant preserving pitch-shifting and time-stretching engines), 10 filter types and 8 macro controls per instrument for quick multi-parameter editing
- "Round robin" and multiple articulations that are triggerable via key switch, modulation wheel or velocity
- Multi-channel mixer-like Mix interface with 5 insert effects per channel, 4 stereo effect returns (with 5 insert effects each) and a master channel with 5 insert effects that allow for up to 30 effects per instrument
- 55 high-quality integrated effects, including 22 new effects for mixing, mastering and more creative applications derived from IKâ??s studio-grade T-RackS and AmpliTube production software
- New Live mode lets you organize sounds for setlist and song for instant recall during performance
- Accurate 3D renderings of instruments for easy identification and recall
- Full integration with iRig Pads, IK's ultra-portable groove controller
- Available as standalone and 64-bit plug-in for AAX, VST and Audio Units platforms on Mac OS X and Windows
- Compatible with all previous â??Powered by SampleTankâ? sound modules and sounds (can import all previous sounds and Combis)
IK Multimedia SampleTank 3.5 Specifications
- Sample based sounds (parent): 941
- Preset sounds (child): 906
- Combi sounds (combi): 189
- Total sounds: 2,036
- Total size: 6.43 GB
- Mac System Requirements
- Minimal: IntelÂ® Coreâ"¢ 2 Duo, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), Mac OS X 10.7 or later. 34 GB of hard drive space.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX
- PC System Requirements
- Minimal: IntelÂ® Coreâ"¢ 2 Duo or AMD Athlonâ"¢ 64 X2, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), WindowsÂ® 7, or WindowsÂ® 8. 34 GB of hard drive space. Requires an ASIO compatible sound card.
- Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review