IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 Advanced Room Correction System (Boxed)
The IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 Advanced Room Correction System analyzes your room to pinpoint issues and apply corrective adjustments to simply take your room out of the mix. With ARC 2.5 you can easily explore your creativity and mix with confidence.
IK Multimedia's ARC 2.5 with MEMS microphone is the first acoustic correction system that combines a super accurate MEMS measurement microphone, measurement software AND a correction plug-in to greatly improve the audio monitoring accuracy of speakers in any studio or room listening environment in an elegant, portable, affordable, easy to use and extremely professional solution. ARC System 2.5 now includes a brand new, ultra-precise MEMS measurement microphone that perfectly works in synergy with ARCs correction software (previous ARC mic models will be supported.) The microphone is built around an omnidirectional, high precision MEMS capsule that ensures maximum response accuracy and stability over time.
With ARC you can improve the acoustics of ANY room. An untreated room will experience a dramatic improvement but also treated rooms will sound MUCH better depending on the quality of the existing treatment. From amateur bedroom studios to the most professional high-end treated rooms, ARC will make an improvement in your monitoring environment.
IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 Advanced Room Correction System (Boxed) Features
- NEMS Microphone
- Ultra-light and durable
- Stable over time: MEMS is not subject to the typical frequency response changes over time of ordinary condenser mics
- Much more resistant to humidity and temperature variations
- Precision crafted in Italy
- The first DAW-based acoustic room correction plug-in
- Includes a measurement microphone, software and correction plug-in
- Based on Audyssey MultEQ® XT32 patented technology that corrects frequency and phase distortions in multiple room points
- Improves clarity, stereo imaging and frequency response for faster, more reliable mixing
- Improves the sound of any room - from bedroom studio to high-end control rooms
- Step by step measurement set-up can be made by anyone
- Perfect for the traveling engineer and on-the-spot corrections
- 64-bit native plug-in compatibility
IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 Advanced Room Correction System (Boxed) Specifications
- Mac (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.7 or newer.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST 2, RTAS, AAX.
- Requires a Core Audio compatible Audio Interface that supports 48 kHz sampling rate (for room measurement).
- Note: PPC CPU is no longer supported.
- Windows (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor, 4 GB of RAM, Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit) or newer.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST 2, RTAS, AAX.
- Requires an ASIO compatible Audio Interface that supports 48 kHz sampling rate (for room measurement).
IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 Advanced Room Correction System (Boxed) Includes
- Professional measurement microphone
- Mic clamp
- Software license
What We Think
"ARC is fantastic! There is no such thing as the perfect room, but ARC goes leaps and bounds to make even the worst room better. Look, there is no panacea for a room with no acoustic treatments, bass buildup everywhere, and flutter echos banging your ears - you simply have to treat your room or design a proper room. Once some of the basics are taken care of (or even if you've gone "all the way" to ensure your room's performance, ARC takes over and smooths the imaging and helps your ears make sense of what it is that you are hearing. I'll admit that even after placing a number of nice acoustic treatments in our control room, that my mixes just weren't translating. However, once I installed ARC and took about 15 minutes to do 13 measurements (the basic number of required measurements is 12), I inserted ARC as the last plugin on the master bus of a project that I had been having trouble mixing and listened. Everything sounded fine without ARC engaged, but once I engaged ARC, I was hearing what I heard when I listened to these same mixes at home and in the car (too much bass, not enough definition in the mids, etc) - which immediately told me that ARC was working, and working well! A quick mix immediately gave me better results than what I had achieved over the course of several hours without ARC. The way I see it, ARC can be valuable to established studios since you can achieve better mixes faster since ARC will correct for slight deficiencies in the room acoustics (as well as your monitors!) and just tightens it all up for you. Plus the more measurements you take in your listening area, then the better your off-axis imaging is going to be I have noticed. The only thing that is a drawback/drag about ARC is that it's only a plugin. If IK could develop it into a hardware piece, then it would solve a number of issues... KRK has done this with ERGO but the implementation still leaves a little to be desired by someone who wants to bypass the stock converters, completely. There is a lot of room for opportunity in the realm of a hardware solution since not everyone mixes in the box. But for those of us who are then ARC pretty much solves the issue. Again, I cannot stress enough that some measure should be taken with treatments to correct for flutter echos - in fact, the closer to correct you can get your room with treatments then the better off you'll likely be. But with what I've seen ARC do with this room and it's pretty drastic acoustic anomalies, I am confident that ARC can benefit every room pretty dramatically. A must have!"
- Front End Audio
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Glad I bought it. Great value for money. In my experience it removes the initial guesswork at first mix / master, which speeds up production.
Now its been about 6 months since the above review, & I do not work without this at any stage of a project after recording.
I was happy, but not entirely convinced with ARC1, but ARC2 has a much better resolution & correction, especially in the low to low mid freq range/s, which I'm finding creates better sounding mixes / masters - faster. The speaker system modelling included is also a great reference which gives me every confidence when clients walk out the door with their newly mixed / mastered CD.