Heritage Audio 73JR 500-Series Preamp
The Heritage Audio 73JR 500-Series Preamp is true 1073 style mic preamp in a single 500-Series slot with some added features that will cover all the recording needs for engineers and musicians that don´t find the need to track with EQ.
Employing only discrete circuitry and conventional components, the 73 junior is a faithful 3 stage all class A 1073 preamp. Styroflex and tantalum capacitors have been used throughout. No corners were cut. A useful all discrete class A hi pass filter has been added, essential for recording everything with the exception of probably kick drum and and bass.
The Line mode allows for reamping of prerecorded tracks and it´s perfect for adding some class A color to lifeless recordings. The smart switched DI (automatically switches from MIC to DI mode when inserting a MONO ¼ jack) is an all discrete class A JFET circuit ahead of the MIC transformer, so all the juice is there. Since its introduction in 2013, it has become a classic DI for bass.
Finally, special care has been taken with power handling, implementing internal +24v slow turn on regulation (about 20 seconds to reach full voltage).This makes your 500 series enclosure´s power supply healthier and makes the ´73JR independent of the rest of the slots.
Heritage Audio 73JR 500-Series Preamp Features
- Sonically-versatile mic preamp and DI module based on the classic 1073
- 20dB pad on the mic input prevents overloading the input transformer
- Up to 80dB of gain for the mic input, 50dB line preamplifier
- All-discrete, Class A circuitry
- DI input circuit is before the input transformer, which lets you add color and richness to DI instruments
- Separate input and output gain controls let you drive the input for saturation without overloading the output
Heritage Audio 73JR 500-Series Preamp Specifications
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10K Ohms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
- DI input impedance: Greater than 2 Megohms, unbalanced.
- Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 ohms (factory terminated).
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 ohms.
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response: 20Hz ( +0.3dB ) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- Maximum gain: Slightly greater than 80dB
- Noise: Less than -100dBu.
- Power consumption: 88 mA per rail @+-16VDC.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review