Golden Age EQ-81 Equalizer
Front End Audio acquires previously owned gear through our Buy-Back program. You can purchase used gear at a great price but there are no manufacturer warranties with these items. These items have been inspected and/or tested by our staff to make sure each one is in working condition and comes with our commitment to service. This EQ-81 has a little rack rash but functions just like new and comes with everything as if you were to purchase it brand new. Awesome deal!
The Golden Age EQ-81 Equalizer offers a class-AB circuit is similar to the EQ section in the classical 1081 module, without the high and low pass filters. The sound character is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
The Golden Age EQ-81 has stepped frequency controls that offers a wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz. The BASS and TREBLE frequency bands are switchable between shelving and bell and the MID frequency bands is of the bell type with a switchable Hi Q setting. The control range is +/- 18dB. All four bands can be set in an off mode.
The Golden Age EQ-81 is not intended to be used as a standalone EQ. It is designed to be used together with one of the Golden Age Project models that has an insert jack. It can also be used with some other product that has a low level (about -18 dBu to -10 dBu) unbalanced insert connector.
Combining one of our Golden Age PRE-73 units and an Golden Age EQ-81 and using a Golden Age UNITE rack kit to mount them together, one will get a 19-inch 1081-style unit at a low cost and with a great sound!
Golden Age EQ-81 Equalizer Features
- Vintage Style electronics. No intergrated circuits in the signal path
- 4-band with inductor based mid frequency bands
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 33 Hz to 15 kHz
- Control range up to +/- 18 dB
- Each band has an off mode
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Designed to be used together with one of our models with an insert jack
- TRS jack for in-and output connection, the nominal working level is around -18 dBu
- Selectable ground lift switch
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review