Genelec M030 Studio Monitors
The Genelec M030 Studio Monitors features simple-to-use room response controls to accommodate any acoustic environment. The Genelec M030 means there is no limit on your potential. Check out this pair ready to go from Front End Audio!
With the ground-breaking M030, Genelec’s active monitoring expertise and pioneering technology become available to a new generation of creative professionals. Crafted by acclaimed industrial designer Harri Koskinen, the M030 is as kind to your budget as it is to the environment and your work. Each M030 delivers the exacting on- and off-axis frequency reproduction of Genelec’s Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™), plus the precise bass reproduction of the Laminar Integrated Port (LIP™). Both are integrated into the breakthrough Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE™), itself a huge step forward in sustainable, environmentally friendly enclosure design. Inside, a 5 inch woofer and a 3/4 inch tweeter are powered by Class D amplification.
Genelec M030 Studio Monitor Features
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology
- Laminar Integrated Port (LIP) Technology
- Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE) Technology
- Room Response Compensation
- Optimized Amplifiers
- Active Crossovers
- Protection Circuitry
- Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) Technology
Genelec M030 Studio Monitor Specifications
- SPL: 105 dB
- Frequency response: 53 Hz - 23 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 3 dB (58 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Driver dimension: Woofer 5 inch + Tweeter ¾ inch, metal dome + DCW™
- Amplifier power: Woofer 80 W + Tweeter 50 W (All Class D)
- Dimensions: H 273 x W 190 x D 190 mm, 10 ¾ x 7 ½ x 7 ½ inch
- Weight: 4.9 kg / 10,8 lb
- Connections: Combo XLR + ¼" plug + RCA analog input
What We Think
The Genelec M030 monitors provide a cost conscious alternative for those wanting Genelec quality and reliability without needing to pay for some of the features that are more specific to appealing to the professional studio, engineer, or broadcast facility. But you can rest assured, these monitors are still ALL Genelec when it comes to performance and sound quality. The M-Series differs in regards to some overall specifications than their comparable 8000-series counterparts... but not by much. Their max SPL is about 3dB down and the frequency response on the published graphs stay close within the bounds of the 8000 series' response, but they do differ in regards to their slight peaks and dips. But the fact remains that the Genelec M030 are quality offerings from Genelec - perfect for the home-studio musician and recordist who wants an excellent quality, reliable monitor without breaking the bank.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review