Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitors
Front End Audio acquires previously owned gear through our Buy-Back program. You can purchase used gear at a great price but there are no manufacturer warranties with these items. These items have been inspected and/or tested by our staff to make sure each one is in working condition and comes with our commitment to service. This pair of Genelec 8351A's looks and function perfectly and include the Genelec GLM Loudspeaker Management System - an additional $299 value.
The Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor is one of the most truly remarkable studio monitors ever created. Never before has a 3-way studio monitor been offered with such performance capability - such as an astounding near-30-degree off-axis horizontal AND vertical frequency linearity. The 8351's quasi-tri-axial design delivers imaging like no other... all in the same footprint as Genelec's classic 8-inch 8000 series shell. It looks elegant and it sounds out of this world - the acoustically coaxial 8351A is a true landmark in three-way monitoring design. As impressive to the ear as it is striking to the eye, the 8351A combines four key Genelec innovations to deliver remarkable results.
Genelecs Acoustically Concealed Woofer (ACW) technology combines with the Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC) driver and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) to produce extremely controlled directivity over a very wide bandwidth. The monitors performance remains identical in both vertical and horizontal orientations, ensuring true accuracy in every application, from recording studios to post-production houses, edit suites, broadcast facilities and outside broadcast vehicles. All this is coupled to the versatility of Smart Active Monitoring (SAM). Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) 2.0 software allows for the fine adjustment of all monitor settings, while AutoCal compensates for detrimental room influences to perfectly calibrate your set-up for your listening environment, no matter if you work in simple stereo or ambitious immersive audio applications.
The need for the 8351
Genelec developed the 8351 in response to the need for increasing audio perfection in acoustically challenging production environments. Offering unique size and technological innovations, the 8351 breaks new ground in electro-acoustic engineering, as the mechanical, acoustical and signal-processing designs are linked closely together. The result is a system that is completely unique in the professional monitoring industry and represents a bold step forward for the active monitoring pioneer.
The 8351 borrows its size attribute from Genelec's acclaimed 8050. With dimensions of 17.75" x 11.25 " x 11", the 8351 has a particularly compact footprint for a three-way monitor. The center of the 8351's enclosure features the Minimum Diffraction Co-axial midrange/tweeter driver evolved from the 8260. This breakthrough in coaxial driver design provides extremely accurate imaging and improved sound quality, with crystal clear accuracy, both on and off-axis, vertically as well as horizontally. Aesthetically striking is the absence of any visible woofers which are concealed beneath the Maximised Directivity Controlled Waveguide (MaxDCW). The lips on the perimeter of the waveguide are the acoustic openings for the proprietary Genelec-designed Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW).
It's this arrangement; the Co-axial midrange / tweeter in combination with the dual woofer design which, together, form a three-way acoustically coaxial system with an extremely large waveguide (MaxDCW) across the entire front. The 8351 is perfectly at home in either vertical or horizontal orientation, with closely similar directivity characteristics as users move off-axis. The extremely smooth frequency response and dispersion pattern lead to outstanding clarity and definition of the audio signal.
The 8351 is capable of delivering 110 dB at 1 meter through a combination of efficient Genelec-designed Class D amplifiers for the woofer (150 W) and midrange (120 W) drivers, while a discrete-components (90 W) Genelec-designed Class A/B amplifier applies power to the tweeter. The 8351 has a system frequency response of 32 Hz to 40 kHz (-6 dB), ± 1.5 dB (38 Hz to 21 kHz) with very low distortion.
Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Features
- Space efficient size and design allow for astounding acoustical performance in various user environments.
- Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW) technology represents a new breakthrough in electroacoustic design.
- Maximized Directivity Control Waveguide (MaxDCW) produces controlled directivity over a very wide bandwidth.
- Dual woofer design extends directivity control also to bass frequencies.
- Equally perfect performance in both vertical and horizontal orientations.
- Elegant and minimalistic industrial design combining function and aesthetics.
- Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) computer control allows for repeatable, consistent performance over flexible proprietary network
- Genelec AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation to minimize the room's acoustical influences.
- Genelec quality and reliability ensures long term investments and outstanding audio quality.
Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Specifications
- SPL: 111 dB
- Frequency response: 32 Hz 35 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 1.5 dB (38 Hz - 21 kHz)
- Driver dimension
- 2 x Oval Woofers 8 1/2 x 4 inch
- Coaxial Midrange/Tweeter MDC 5 / 3/4 inch + DCW
- Amplifier power (All Class D)
- Woofer 150 W
- Midrange 120 W
- Tweeter 90 W
- H 452 x W 287 x D 278 mm, with Iso-Pod
- H 17 3/4 x W 11 1/3 x D 11 1/3 inch, with Iso-Pod
- 19 kg
- 42 lb
- 1 x XLR analog input
- 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU
- 2 x RJ45 control network
Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Includes
- 2x 8351A DSP Studio Monitor
- 2x IEC Power Cable (US Edison 3-prong)
- GLM3 Loudspeaker Management System
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review