Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Package
The Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Package from Front End Audio gives you everything you need to get started with a pair of Genelec 8351A Monitors at a bundled price; including a pair of 8351A Monitors, the Genelec GLM V2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit, a Genelec 9310AM Volume Control, and a pair of premium Mogami Gold Studio cables.
Genelec's Smart Active Monitoring (SAM) systems MUST be assembled as a complete system - at least to start. And nobody knows this system like Front End Audio! We've put together this bundle to make purchasing and understanding the Genelec SAM system easy and painless.
Included are a pair of Genelec 8351A monitors, the Genelec GLM (required for accessing and setting up the DSP component of the monitors - includes 8300A measurement microphone and GLM v2.0 Network Interface, GLM Loudspeaker Manager software, and AutoCal software), the Genelec 9310AM Volume Control, and a pair of Mogami's Cables. (analog XLR or AES/EBU - your choice just let us know your setup - we're flexible!).
Once you have this basic system in place, adding a Genelec SAM Smart Subwoofer, like the new Genelec 7360A or Genelec 7370A is easy. GLM's AutoCal and AutoPhase functionality delivers perfectly aligned and adjusted audio to your listening position. Not only that... but you can measure different points in the room, and store the correction to quick keys, allowing you to quickly "throw" the corrected sound to the producer or artist hanging out on the couch. It's not gimmicky; it's very, very real, and very useful.
Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Features
- Space efficient size and design allow for astounding acoustical performance in various user environments.
- Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW) technology represents a new breakthrough in electroacoustic design.
- Maximised Directivity Control Waveguide (MaxDCW) produces controlled directivity over a very wide bandwidth.
- Dual woofer design extends directivity control also to bass frequencies.
- Equally perfect performance in both vertical and horizontal orientations.
- Elegant and minimalistic industrial design combining function and aesthetics.
- Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) computer control allows for repeatable, consistent performance over flexible proprietary network.
- Genelec AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation to minimize the rooms acoustical influences.
- Genelec quality and reliability ensures long term investments and outstanding audio quality.
Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Package Includes
- Pair of Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitors
- Genelec GLM
- Genelec 9310AM Volume Control
- Mogami Cables (analog XLR or AES/EBU - your choice)
What We Think
"We put the Genelec 8351A DSP Studio Monitor Package together as a comprehensive solution for the discriminating studio and engineer looking for immense power both in sound quality and accuracy combined with the power to enact precise room acoustics corrections across the entire frequency spectrum, as well as recall acoustics-samplings from various points in the room and recall them at will - thus shifting the stereo image to that location. The 8351 really impresses us for providing the first virtual tri-axial studio monitor. First glance at this particular monitor and if boggles the mind. 'Where is the woofer?!?!?' is likely the first question, with head cocked sideways like a confused puppy... at least that's how it was here, we'll admit. But what's happening is that there are two oval woofers mounted BEHIND the Maximised Directivity Control Waveguide (MaxDCW) plate for the coaxial midrange/tweeter (also found in the Genelec 8260APM). The result is a monitor with stunning imaging and accuracy across the frequency spectrum - all in the same footprint o the 8050/8350 monitors.
We at Front End Audio have long used the Genelec 8240APM GLM Stereo DSP Monitor Package in our studio and we couldn't be happier with the results. With the system we are able to 'sample the acoustical DNA', if you will, of the listening space and actually get an accurate read on what is happening in the room as a result of the sweeps on each monitor. And once we have that, it's possible to identify specific problems in the room and actual opportunities for corrections that you can make to free up the GLM System to address more specific issues. Again, this addresses the entire audible frequency spectrum - not just the single dominant 'room mode' frequency. The GLM v2.0 System and 8300 Series Genelec Digital Studio Monitors make it possible to attain a monitor consistency from control room to control room, making them the ideal choice for the freelance engineer who travels with their own monitors, needing consistency from environment to environment. Give us a call at 888-228-4530 and we can help you select the right Genelec Digital Monitor System for your needs."
- Front End Audio
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review