Genelec 8331A Studio Monitor
The Genelec 8331A Studio Monitor is an incredible three-way point source monitor with the the size of a compact two-way. When space and precision is of the essence, nothing even comes close to the Genelec 8331A!
For applications calling for extraordinary imaging, extended frequency response, short to medium listening distance or long, fatigue-free working hours, The Ones - 8331, 8341 and 8351 - are in an elite league of their own. All being ultimate point source monitors, they combine a number of unique Genelec innovations with sustainable manufacturing, but without a single compromise on sound.
The Ones not only promote faster and more consistent production decision making, but also longer listening time than traditional loudspeakers, because unnatural imaging, a main contributor to listener fatigue, is minimized. Dispersion is controlled over an unusually wide frequency range thanks to the large integrated waveguide (DCW™) with the hidden dual woofers; and orientation may be either horizontal or vertical. Their looks are striking too, either way you turn them.
The final touch when positioning mics, mixing or mastering is the most demanding. For such critical tasks, even when performed in small rooms or in ultra near field applications, 8331 offers an outstanding solution where none existed before. With the latest SAM technology included, 8331 always makes the best of the room and monitor placement. Use the Genelec GLM application and its auto-calibration function, based on experience from thousands of studios around the world, to compensate for detrimental room influence and delay, regardless if you work in mono, stereo or immersive formats.
Genelec 8331A Studio Monitor Features
- Smart Active Monitor (SAM™) Systems
- Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC™) Driver Technology
- Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW) Technology
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) Technology
- Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) Technology
- Reflex Port Design
- Protection Circuitry
- Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) Technology
- Optimized Amplifiers
- Active Crossovers
- Iso-Pod™ Stand
- Versatile Mountings
Genelec 8331A Studio Monitor Specifications
- SPL: 104 dB
- Frequency response: 45 Hz - 37 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 1.5 dB (58 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Driver dimension: 2x Oval Woofers 5 1/8 x 2 5/8 inch + Coaxial Midrange/Tweeter MDC™ 3 ½ / 3/4 inch + DCW™
- Amplifier power: Woofer 72 W + Midrange 36 W + Tweeter 36 W
- Dimensions: H 305 x W 189 x D 212 mm H 12 x W 7 1/2 x D 8 3/8 inch, with Iso-Pod™
- Weight: 6.7 kg / 15lb
- Connections: 1 x XLR analog/digital AES/EBU input, 1 x XLR digital AES/EBU output, 2 x RJ45 control network
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review