Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt Audio Interface
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt Audio Interface, crystal clear conversion, 24-bit, 192kHz sample rates and world class dynamic range.
The Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X is designed primarily for permanent studio installation, Focusrite's Clarett 8PreX Thunderbolt audio interface offers an impressive 26 inputs and 28 outputs, including eight analog inputs, 10 analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and 16 channels of ADAT I/O for the connection of addition inputs and outputs such as a multichannel digital mic pre or an external D/A for additional line outputs. The 2U rack-mount unit combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading dynamic range conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latency, so low that plugins can be used, in real time while monitoring recordings through the DAW.
The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the unique, switchable "Air" effect that models the sound of Focusrite's renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. It also features gain controls with a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
The Clarett 8PreX, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) real-world dynamic range. This is combined it with the lowest round-trip latency available, making it possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins in real time on the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording environment. A central metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analog and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a large-diameter monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons. The two independently-controlled headphone outputs on the front panel have enough level to drive even high impedance headphones providing suitable monitoring levels.
A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is easily configured for monitoring and routing setups. Focusrite Control is simple and intuitive to use. Providing immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware. Word Clock I/O is provided, allowing the Clarett 8PreX to either provide the master clock for the system or to be clocked from an external master digital device.
There's never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features
- Thunderbolt compatibility for Windows!
- The Clarett range is now fully compatible with Windows-based computers, offering stable, reliable operation with identical functionality on both platforms. The Windows driver offers sub-3ms latency. Also provided is a Windows version of the Focusrite Control software mixer for monitoring and routing configuration.
- Exceptional I/O capability
- 26 audio inputs and 28 outputs within a 2U rack space, including 8 analog inputs, 10 analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and 16 channels of ADAT I/O. Connect up to 16 more mic preamps over ADAT for a 24 channel microphone setup.
- The heart of the studio
- Specially designed for studio installation, Clarett 8PreX includes separate rear panel inputs for mic, line and instrument, as well as ADAT I/O to add 16 more channels, dedicated phantom power, phase reverse, and high pass filters on every channel.
- Use DAW plugins in real time
- Latency is the delay to a signal as it passes through your DAW system from interface input to interface output. Clarett Thunderbolt offers the world's shortest. Signals go round so fast that you can record and monitor in real time through your DAW with plugins such as EQ or compression.
- Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with extra "Air"
- The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, a special "Air" feature switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
- Precision digital conversion
- Clarett features Focusrite's class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
- Accessible metering and monitoring
- Central panel provides analog and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel hardware meter. Accessible monitor features include a large-diameter level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
- Dual high-power headphone outputs
- Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphones, perfect for tracking and mixing.
- Software Mixer for maximum control
- Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions.
- Digital sync on-board
- Includes Word Clock I/O, enabling it to act as master for clocking multiple digital devices, or sync to word clock from an external digital device.
- Classic processor plugins included
- Every Clarett includes the Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrite's classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt Audio Interface Specifications
- Mac: OSX (10.9/10.10)
- The popular Clarett range of Thunderbolt interfaces will be compatible with PCs (Windows 8.1 and 10) with the release of the Clarett Windows driver on the 10th of November. The driver enables users to run these interfaces with the growing number of Thunderbolt-equipped Windows computers, delivering identical functionality to that experienced on the Mac. Windows users will enjoy sub 3 milliseconds round trip latency, and the same reliable, stable operation as Mac-based Clarett owners already experience. The low latency allows users to record and monitor while using their favourite plug-ins in real time, as well as other DAW workflow benefits. Future iterations will add support for Thunderbolt 3 Type C connectivity.
- Due to the vast range of possible hardware combinations, our approach for Thunderbolt support on Windows is to qualify specific systems. Focusrite is currently testing with the following machines:
- HP ZBook
- Molten Technology Intel X99 based machine
- Lenovo Thinkpad W541
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre X Thunderbolt Audio Interface Includes
- Clarett 8PreX interface
- Power Cable
- Getting Started Guide
- Included software:
- 1GB of loopmasters samples
- Focusrite Red 2 & Red 3 Plug-In Suite
- Softube Time and Tone plug-in bundle. This includes: Drawmer S73, TSAR-1R, Tube Delay, and Saturation Knob.
- Two Year Warranty
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review