Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors
The Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors are the perfect compact monitors for smaller studios, compact workstations, 5.1 set ups, and any pro audio application where real estate is key, without sacrificing accurate reproduction of audio.
The Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor is the most compact studio monitor in the Focal Professional line, and the perfect solution for nearfield monitoring. These monitors can be used from 23" away (60cm), and they have astonishingly extended low end frequency response. Whether you have a room of less than 107ft2 (10m2), or an installation where compactness is paramount, Focal Shape 40 is the perfect solution.
The Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor is made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is whats at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and its also very precise in the very high end.
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors Features
- Low tweeter directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port allowing it to be placed near a wall
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Threads for (Optional) ceilling and wall mounts
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors Specifications
- Frequency response (+/-3dB) 60Hz - 35kHz
- Maximum SPL (musical signal) 102dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Electronic section
- Inputs/Impedance: XLR: balanced 10kOhms - RCA: unbalanced 10kOhms with
- sensitivity compensation
- Midrange and low frequency: amplifier 25W, class AB
- High frequency amplifier 25W, class AB
- Standby on After approximately 30 minutes with no signal
- Standby off Signal detection > 3 mV
- High pass filter Adjustable Full range / 80Hz
- Bass (0 - 250Hz) Adjustable, +/-6dB
- Midrange/bass (160Hz, Q=1) Adjustable, +/-3dB
- High (4.5 - 35kHz) Adjustable, +/-3dB
- Power On/Power Off On/off switch on rear panel
- Standby consumption < 0.5W
- Displays and controls LED for power on/off and standby
- Woofer 4" (10cm) Flax Cone
- Tweeter 1" (25mm) 'M' profile Aluminum-Magnesium
- Construction 0.5" (12mm) MDF
- Finish Vinyl, real walnut and black painting
- Dimensions with four rubber feet (HxWxD) 10.1 x 6.3 x 7.9" (257 x 161 x 200mm)
- Weight 16.1lb (5kg)
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors Includes
- Shape 40 Studio Monitor (Pair)
- Power cable
- Two Year Warranty
Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors Downloads
What We Think
The Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitors (Pair) is an extremely powerful little fellow. But don't be fooled by its small size - the Focal Shape 40 packs a punch and delivers a surprisingly tall image ranging upwards of 60Hz (-3dB down). What really surprises me about the whole Focal Shape series is the phantom center image - it's like I haven't heard from a monitor in quite some time; simply beautiful sounding and a hyper-realistic element which you would swear is emanating from a dedicated center monitor. The Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor benefits from the passive radiators flanking each side of the drivers which allow the air volume inside to flex with the impact of the bottom. This design allows for the ultimate best-of-both-worlds performance where you get the low-frequency extension of a ported design with the tightness and accuracy of a closed cabinet design. For many, a 4-inch driver is going to be too small to consider as their main monitor. But the Focal Shape 40 Studio Monitor is just as perfect for a small reference pair of music production monitors as they are for the broadcast studio and video editing suites. Focal really hit the ball out of the park with the Focal Shape Studio Monitors as they are a hard team to beat at their price point.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review