Eve Audio SC305 Monitor
The Eve Audio SC305 Monitor is a three-way system monitor carefully designed to be equally comfortable and precise in a stereo or surround set up. The SC305 combines the power from three different amplifiers to deliver a very efficient, dynamic and low noise sound reproduction.
The Eve Audio SC305 Monitor is developed for critical and detailed listening, not just to deliver power and thunderous bass (although they can do it very well too). With its moderate size and superb technical characteristics, the Eve Audio SC305 model has virtually no competition on the market today. Don't miss the chance and check them out for yourself!
Eve Audio's three-way systems are designed around the concept to distribute the frequencies properly between all individual components and raise the efficiency of your speakers effectively. With the SC305 one of the woofers is delivering sound only up to 350 Hz, functioning as a kind of "bass woofer". The other woofer gives you a fuller range up to the 3000 Hz crossover frequency as a bass-midrange driver. This means less effective physical work being made by each individual woofer, which in turn will result in less mechanical inertia and a more efficient sound transmission. Both woofers consist of the Eve Audio's proprietary 5" SilverCone, the same that is used in the smaller Eve Audio SC205 model and features Eve Audio's sophisticated low distortion copper cap magnet system. However, due to the fact that two of these woofers are being used simultaneously, you get a bigger frequency response - down to 50 Hz. The Eve Audio SC305 also makes use of the proprietary AMT RS3 tweeter, which uses a bigger front plate and a bigger internal magnet to drive the AMT tweeter with greater efficiency. The three 50 W PWM power amplifiers won't leave you lacking any power either. All in all, the Eve Audio SC305 will probably be regarded as the single most detailed three-way monitor speaker in the market for its specific size and price range. And no worries determining how to place the Eve Audio SC305 in your room or studio properly. Eve Audio's DSP section will assist you in choosing the speaker for left and right hand side. So you will always get proper symmetry between your speakers, instead of having to move them around as usual. With a DIP switch, located on rear of the speakers these settings for room adaption can be temporarly locked. As with every other EVE Audio speaker, you get both balanced XLR inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs for greater convenience.
With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work. And if you always avoid digital processing, Eve Audio has got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter (24bit/192kHz) from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary.
Bass Port Design
It's all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase. Eve Audio opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges for Eve Audio's bass port designs. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies. The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. And with no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.
Eve Audio SC305 Monitor Features
- Moderate size and superb technical characteristics
- Carefully designed to be equally comfortable and precise in a stereo or surround set up
- Combines the power from three different amplifiers to deliver a very efficient, dynamic and low noise sound reproduction
- Completed by high-performance amplifiers and high-resolution DSP technology
Eve Audio SC305 Monitor Specifications
- Description: 3-Way System
- Dimensions (WxHxD): (425 x 180 x 250)mm, (16.73 x 7.09 x 9.84)inches
- Free-Field Frequency Range (-3dB): 50Hz - 21kHz
- Tweeter: AMT RS3
- Mid-Woofer: 130mm/5"
- Woofer: 130mm/5"
- Cross-Over Frequency: 350Hz/2800Hz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 108dB
- Number of Amplifiers: 3
- Total Short-Term Output Power: 150W
- Output Power (Woofers): 2 x 50W
- Output Power (Tweeter): 50W
- Protection Limiter: Yes
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): > 3kHz
- Desk Filter Boost (0dB - +3dB): 80Hz
- Desk Filter Cut (-5dB - 0dB): 180Hz
- Low-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): < 300Hz
- Level-Fix Dip Switch: Yes
- Filter-Fix Dip Switch: Yes
- Woofer-Change Dip Switch: Yes
- XLR in (Impedance): 10k
- RCA in (Impedance): 10k
- Power Consumption: Standby; < 1W, Full Output; 110VA
- Weight kg/lb.: 8.5 / 18.7
Eve Audio SC305 Monitor Includes
- Eve Audio SC305 Monitor
- Rubber Feet
- Power Cord
- Product Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Eve Audio SC305 Monitor Downloads
- Eve Audio SC305 Monitor Product Manual (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC305 Monitor Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC305 Monitor Spec Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review