Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor
The Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor is a 3-way 12-inch monitor designed for large recording and mastering studios, film and television post-production facilities, cinema applications and in-wall installations.
The Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor features a very powerful amplifier array, with one amplifier custom specified per driver. All drivers found in this model are completely developed from scratch to deliver a perfect balance of high sound pressure levels, low distortion and optimised directivity. Eve Audio proprietary AMT RS6 will redefine your perception of how a tweeter should perform. The RS6 was especially designed for unparalleled precise reproduction, even at high output levels, which will definitely help you take your mixes to the next level.
Eve Audio has also taken great care in the design of the front of the speaker, using an ultra-stiff front plate made out of a combination of rigid plywood and a special inner construction to reduce unwanted resonances. The result? Smooth directivity, very low distortion and a well defined middle and upper frequency range combined with a powerful and tight low end. Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor System is also built with in-wall installations in mind. When used in this manner, acoustic filter modifications can be engaged by adjusting the filter controls to "inwall". And a set of high-density quality foam is provided so that the backfiring bass ports can be physically closed, improving the quality and focus of the speaker's response. The stylish silver module in the middle of the speaker not only houses the midrange woofer and Eve Audio's AMT RS6 tweeter, but it can also be rotated 90-degrees, allowing the speakers to be positioned either horizontally or vertically. This helps to preserve control room sight lines and further optimizes acoustic performance.
Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor System is a high-resolution speaker, which sits at the crossroads of power and precision. This monitors is perfectly at home in any serious recording or mastering studio. One sophisticated 12" SilverCone is in charge of covering a frequency range that goes as low as 25 Hz (-3 dB). Its long excursion driver will easily reproduce the lowest frequencies with an extraordinarily low harmonic distortion level. The Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor System also features Eve Audio's newly developed 5" midrange unit. Its glass fibre layered Rohacel sandwich diaphragm delivers a clear and detailed midrange frequency reproduction.
The Air Motion Transformer (AMT) RS6 is exclusive to SC3012 and its smaller brother SC3010 and completes the system. The RS6 was developed to allow the Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor System to couple a faithful high frequency reproduction along with a clear and detailed high mid-range. This new AMT is 2.5 times bigger than the RS1, RS2 and RS3 Air Motion Transformer units, and it is a crucial part of the system as it helps to couple the middle and high frequencies with great precision. The crossover frequency goes down to 1800 Hz, ensuring a smooth directivity, and a very well defined mid to high-range response. Each driver is powered by its own custom specified PWM amplifier. Tweeter and midrange are supported with a 250 W amplifier each while the bass woofer is amplified with a bridged 800 W PWM module. All drivers are protected with a limiter detection circuit. With a maximum output level of 118 dB (SPL @ 1 m) you'll easily be able to judge your mixes precisely, whatever their intended output level is. Simply put, the Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor System is the perfect match of robustness and accuracy, where the whole becomes more than the sum of the parts. The Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor System represents the pinnacle of EVE Audio engineering, Eve Audio's flagship model, and with good reason. This is the monitor you have been looking for. As with every other EVE Audio speaker, you get both balanced XLR inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs for greater convenience.
With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work. If you always avoid digital processing, Eve Audio has got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter (24bit/192kHz) from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary.
Bass Port Design
It's all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase. A lot of attention went into the development of Eve Audio's bass ports. After much deliberation Eve Audio opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges, as these provided the best results without unwanted side effects. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies. The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. And with no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.
Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor Features
- Features a very powerful amplifier array, with one amplifier specified per driver
- Delivers a perfect balance of high sound pressure levels, low distortion and optimized directivity
- Includes AMT RS6 that helps you take your mixes to the next level, helping you to couple the middle and high frequencies with great precision
- AMT RS6 has a crossover frequency that is very impotant for human hearing and sunsequently music production
- An ultra-stiff front plate made out of a combination of rigid plywood and a special inner construction are made for the front of the speaker to reduce unwanted resonances
- Produces very low distortion and a well defined middle and upper frequency range combined with a powerful and tight low end
- The stylish silver module in the middle of the speaker enables you to rotate your speaker to be positioned either horizontally or vertically
- The 12 inch SilverCone bass woofer, with a long excursion, provides for an extraordinarily clean low frequency reproduction down to 25 Hz (-3 dB)
- Features a newly developed 5 inch midrange unit
- Delivers both balanced XLR inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs for greater convenience
- Several different filter settings can be achieved by one push knob operation that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work
- Bass port design supports you to get high efficiency on the lower frequencies
Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor Specifications
- Frequency Range: 25Hz - 21kHz (free-field)
- Tweeter: AMT RS6
- Midrange: 130mm/5"
- Woofer: 300mm/10"
- Crossover Frequency: 220Hz/1800Hz
- Maximum SPL: 118dB at 1m
- Number of Amplifiers: 3
- Total Short-Term Output Power: 1000W
- Woofers Output Power: 800W
- Output Power (Mid-driver): 250W
- Output Power (Tweeter): 250W
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-Shelf Filter: > 3kHz (-5dB - +3dB)
- Desk Filter Boost: 80Hz (0dB - +3dB)
- Desk Filter Out: 160Hz
- Low-Shelf Filter: < 300Hz(-5dB - +3dB)
- Input Level Dip Switch: +7dBu/+22dBu
- Input Impedance: 10k ohm (XLR), 10k ohm (RCA)
- Standby: < 1 W
- Full Output: 1000 VA
- Dimensions: W x H x D (435 x 650 x 490)mm, (17.13 x 25.59 x 19.29)inch
- Weight: 44 / 97 kg/lb
Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor Includes
- Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor (Single)
- Power Cord
- Rubber Feet
- User Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Eve Audio SC3012 Main Monitor Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review