Eve Audio SC208 Monitors
The Eve Audio SC208 Monitors are a pair of 8-inch studio monitors designed for use in professional recording studios as well as home studios. Completed by high-performance amplifiers and high-resolution DSP technology, the SC208 will get you an extended bass frequency response down to 36 Hz.
The Eve Audio SC208 Monitors offer you hear a tight and full frequency bass in your mixes. This pair is the last in Eve Audio's two-way system series, starting with the smaller Eve Audio SC204. It features the same ease of use and detailed timbre reproduction of all other two-way monitors. But with a larger woofer and more powerful amplifiers, the Eve Audio SC208 will probably be used as a main speaker in a lot of professional and home-studios. If you're looking for a capable and detailed set of above-average size monitors try the Eve Audio SC208. You will probably be surprised.
With the Eve Audio SC208, you will be able to extend your bass frequency response down to 36 Hz. Eve Audio's custom-made 8" SilverCone woofer driven by a sophisticated low distortion copper cap magnet system with Eve Audio's 1.5" voice coil will guarantee that you will not run out of bass response when it comes to the critical listening and comparison of your mixes. The result is a very tight and dynamic bass, along with the usual greater linear excursion provided in every other EVE Audio model. Eve Audio's PWM amplifier, with protection-limiting, is able to deliver a short-term output power of 150W for a maximum output level of 112 dB (SPL @ 1m). So you can be sure that there will be plenty of power to make critical and precise judgements over your mixes. The Eve Audio SC208 also uses their proprietary AMT (Air Motion Transformer) RS2. The RS2 stands for Ribbon System 2, meaning it has a bigger front plate and a larger magnet driving the motion with the utmost efficiency. As with every other EVE Audio speaker, you get both balanced XLR inputs and unbalanced RCA inputs for greater convenience.
With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work. If you always avoid digital processing, Eve Audio has got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter (24bit/192kHz) from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary.
Bass Port Design
It's all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase. Eve Audio opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges for Eve Audio's bass port designs. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies. The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. And with no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.
Eve Audio SC208 Monitors Features
- Two-way system for multiple applications
- Perfect for use in professional recording studios as well as home studios
- 8” SilverCone chassis with the Air Motion Transformer
- High-performance amplifiers and high-resolution DSP technology
- Woofer is powered by a dedicated 150W amplifier, while the tweeter is fed by a 50W amplifier
Eve Audio SC208 Monitors Specifications
- Description: 2-Way System
- Dimensions (WxHxD): (255 x 390 x 330)mm, (10.04 x 15.35 x 12.99)inches
- Free-Field Frequency Range (-3dB): 36Hz - 21kHz
- Tweeter: AMT RS2
- Mid-Woofer: 200mm/8"
- Cross-Over Frequency: 2800Hz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 112dB
- Number of Amplifiers: 2
- Total Short-Term Output Power: 200W
- Output Power (Woofer): 150W
- Output Power (Tweeter): 50W
- Protection Limiter: Yes
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): > 3kHz
- Desk Filter Boost (0dB - +3dB): 80Hz
- Desk Filter Cut (-5dB - 0dB): 160Hz
- Low-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): < 300Hz
- Level-fix Dip Switch: Yes
- Filter-fix Dip Switch: Yes
- XLR in (Impedance): 10k
- RCA in (Impedance): 10k
- Power Consumption: Standby < 1W, Full Output 170VA
- Weight kg/lb.: 10.9 / 24 (per speaker)
Eve Audio SC208 Monitors Includes
- 2 x Eve Audio SC208 Monitors
- Rubber Feet
- Power Cord
- Product Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Eve Audio SC208 Monitors Downloads
- Eve Audio SC208 Monitor Product Manual (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC208 Monitor Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC208 Monitor Spec Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review