Eve Audio SC205 Monitor
The Eve Audio SC205 Monitor is an active nearfield monitor perfect for use in home studios, as well as in professional recording and post-production studios. Featuring two 50W amplifiers and high-resolution DSP technology, the SC205 has a small footprint but sounds bigger than many monitors twice its size!
The Eve Audio SC205 Monitor is the second in line in Eve Audio's studio monitors. Like the name implies, it's a SilverCone two-way system with a 5" woofer. But don't let your eyes deceive you. The Eve Audio SC205 might seem like a small speaker, but it definitely packs a punch. With an extended bass frequency response and an astounding output level, the Eve Audio SC205 will easily fill your room with exceptional sound.
The Eve Audio SC205 also comes with the convenience of threaded screw inserts on the bottom and the back. That way, you can mount your Eve Audio SC205 on a regular microphone or speaker stand, or use the back plate for different wall mounting options available on the market.
The Eve Audio SC205 uses a 5" SilverCone woofer with honeycomb structured diaphragm, driven by a sophisticated low distortion copper cap magnet system with a 1" voice coil responsible for creating a greater linear excursion. This produces a bigger dynamic than one would assume in a monitor of such small proportions. As a result, in addition to the unsurpassed audio transparency of Eve Audio's proprietary AMT tweeter and PWM amplifier combination, this Eve Audio SC205 will surprise you with a very powerful, tight and precise low end.
The Eve Audio's AMT tweeter is their own proprietary technology that follows the rule of no off-the-shelf components in order to achieve superior results. The preciseness and detail of the high frequency range of EVE monitors, coupled with the general tightness of the bass and mid-range, make the Eve Audio SC205 a superb speaker that is easily used on the road (due to its reduced size) or as a second pair of speakers for your main setup.
With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work. And if you always avoid digital processing, Eve Audio has got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter (24bit/192kHz) from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary.
Bass Port Design
It's all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase. Eve Audio opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges for their bass port designs. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies. The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. With no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.
Eve Audio SC205 Monitor Features
- Small loudspeaker that sounds big
- 2-Way systems for use in home studios, as well as in professional recording and post-production studios
- Combine a 5” SilverCone chassis with the Air Motion Transformer developed for the RS series
- Completed by two 50W amplifiers and high-resolution DSP technology
- Threads on the bottom allow to be mounted on any commercial microphone or loudspeaker stand
- Brackets on the rear side allow them to be wall mounted
Eve Audio SC205 Monitor Specifications
- Description: 2-Way System
- Dimensions (WxHxD) (Per Speaker): (175 x 275 x 233)mm, (6.89 x 10.83 x 9.17)inches
- Free-Field Frequency Range (-3dB): 53Hz - 21kHz
- Tweeter: AMT RS1
- Mid-Woofer: 130mm/5"
- Cross-Over Frequency: 3000Hz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 101dB
- Number of Amplifiers: 2
- Output Power (Woofer): 50W
- Output Power (Tweeter): 50W
- Protection Limiter: Yes
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): > 3kHz
- Desk Filter Boost (0dB - +3dB): 80Hz
- Desk Filter Cut (-5dB - 0dB): 180Hz
- Low-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): < 300Hz
- Level-Lock Dip Switch: Yes
- Filter-Lock Dip Switch: Yes
- XLR In (Impedance): 10k
- RCA In (Impedance): 10k
- Power Consumption: Standby < 1W, Full Output 70VA
- Backmounting Thread Inserts: Yes
- Mic Stand Thread Inserts: Yes
- Weight kg/lb.: 5 / 11
Eve Audio SC205 Monitor Includes
- Eve Audio SC205 Monitor
- Rubber Feet
- Power Cord
- Product Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Eve Audio SC205 Monitor Downloads
- Eve Audio SC205 Monitor Product Manual (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC205 Monitor Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC205 Monitor Spec Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review