Eve Audio SC204 Monitors
The Eve Audio SC204 Monitors are active nearfield monitors pair perfect for use in home studios, as well as in professional recording and post-production studios. Featuring 50W amplifiers and high-resolution DSP technology, this pair has a small footprint but sounds bigger than many monitors twice the size!
The Eve Audio SC204 Monitors are the smallest speakers in Eve Audio's studio monitors line. And they were built with quality in mind. If you are working at home, or in a music or post-production studio, a small pair of monitors should not compromise the quality of your results. It should serve as a second pair of ears. The Eve Audio SC204 may have a small footprint. But don't let their size deceive you, these monitors sound bigger than many monitors twice their size! The Eve Audio SC204 also have the convenience of threaded screw inserts on the bottom and the back. That way, you can mount your Eve Audio SC204 on a regular microphone or speaker stand, or use the back plate for different wall mounting options available on the market.
The Eve Audio SC204 uses a 4" SilverCone woofer with honeycomb structured diaphragm, driven by a sophisticated low distortion copper cap magnet system with a 1" voice coil responsible for creating a greater linear excursion. This produces a bigger dynamic than one would assume in a monitor of such small proportions. As a result, in addition to the unsurpassed audio transparency of Eve Audio's proprietary AMT tweeter and PWM amplifier combination, this Eve Audio SC204 will surprise you with a very powerful, tight and precise low end.
The Eve Audio's AMT tweeter is their own proprietary technology that follows the rule of no off-the-shelf components in order to achieve superior results. The preciseness and detail of the high frequency range of EVE monitors, coupled with the general tightness of the bass and mid-range, make the Eve Audio SC204 a superb speaker that is easily used on the road (due to its reduced size) or as a second pair of speakers for your main setup.
With every EVE Audio speaker, you also get high resolution DSP electronics. One push knob operation and you will have access to accurate volume control and several different filter settings that will help you tailor your monitors to the way you work. And if you always avoid digital processing, Eve Audio has got you covered. The DSP engine is supported with a high quality A/D converter (24bit/192kHz) from Burr-Brown, which delivers a pristine signal to the DSP section. And since the PWM amplifiers are directly connected to the DSP, no additional conversion is necessary.
Bass Port Design
It's all in the geometry. One of the downside effects of port compression is bass distortion. As you turn up the volume, the efficiency of the port reduces and distortion will increase. Eve Audio opted for a large rear rectangular port with no hard edges for their bass port designs. That's one of the reasons EVE monitors have a high efficiency on the lower frequencies. The results? High sound pressures with tight and punchy bass frequencies that don't cause port distortion. Crank up the volume, and EVE will deliver a round bass. With no holes to look at every time you glance at your speakers.
Eve Audio SC204 Monitors Features
- Small loudspeakers that sound big
- 2-Way systems for use in home studios, as well as in professional recording and post-production studios
- Combine a 4” SilverCone chassis with the Air Motion Transformer developed for the RS series
- Completed by two 50W amplifiers and high-resolution DSP technology
- Threads on the bottom allow to be mounted on any commercial microphone or loudspeaker stand
- Brackets on the rear side allow them to be wall mounted
Eve Audio SC204 Monitors Specifications
- Description: 2-Way System
- Dimensions (WxHxD) (Per Speaker): (145 x 230 x 195)mm, (5.71 x 9.06 x 7.68)inches
- Free-Field Frequency Range (-3dB): 64Hz - 21kHz
- Tweeter: AMT RS1
- Mid-Woofer: 100mm/4"
- Cross-Over Frequency: 3000Hz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 96dB
- Number of Amplifiers: 2
- Total Short-Term Output Power: 100W
- Output Power (Woofer): 50W
- Output Power (Tweeter): 50W
- Protection Limiter: Yes
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): > 3kHz
- Desk Filter Boost (0dB - +3dB): 80Hz
- Desk Filter Cut (-5dB - 0dB): 200Hz
- Low-Shelf Filter (-5dB - +3dB): < 300Hz
- Level-Fix Dip Switch: Yes
- Filter-Fix Dip Switch: Yes
- XLR In (Impedance): 10k
- RCA In (Impedance): 10k
- Power Consumption: Standby < 1W, Full Output 70VA
- Backmounting Thread Inserts: Yes
- Mic Stand Thread Inserts: Yes
- Weight kg/lb.: 3.8 / 8.4 (per speaker)
Eve Audio SC204 Monitors Includes
- 2 x Eve Audio SC204 Monitors
- 2 x Grid
- 2 x Rubber Feet
- 2 x Power Cord
- 2 x Product Manual
- 2 Year Warranty
Eve Audio SC204 Monitors Downloads
- Eve Audio SC204 Monitor Product Manual (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC204 Monitor Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Eve Audio SC204 Monitor Spec Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review