Ebtech HE-2 2-Channel Hum Eliminator
Ebtech HE-2 2-Channel Hum EliminatorEbtech HE-2 Details
The Hum Eliminator is designed to eliminate 60 cycle hum (60Hz AC signal) caused by Ground Loops. It is also designed to convert unbalanced lines to a true balanced lines. Why? Unbalanced lines are more susceptible to picking up electrical noise and RF interference.
Ebtech HE-2 Features
- Eliminates AC hum and noise quickly and easily
- Automatically converts back and forth between balanced and unbalanced lines
- Allows using professional equipment for long signal runs free of hum
- 1/4" TRS "smart jacks" inputs and outputs
- Safely breaks ground loops while leaving all signal grounds in tact
- No dangerous ground lifting
- Automatically translates signal voltages to match differences in ground potentials, avoiding clipping
- Less than .005% THD @1kHz
- Crosstalk better than -97dB
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This device can also eliminate the hum caused by a powered subwoofer of my hifi system. I've noticed some drop of the volume from the subwoofer, but this was solved with the increase of its gain knob, and there's also no hum. I think this may be caused by the adding of one more cable to connect between my preamp and the device.