Earthworks WL40V High Definition Wireless Microphone Capsule
Designed to maintain the same signature sound as its wired counterpart, the WL40V delivers a detailed and realistic vocal sound that requires little to no EQ
Earthworks WL40V High Definition Wireless Microphone Capsule Details
The Earthworks WL40V High Definition Wireless Microphone Capsule is a wireless capsule version of the incredible Earthworks SR40V High Definition Vocal Microphone. Designed to maintain the same signature sound as its wired counterpart, the WL40V delivers a detailed and realistic vocal sound that requires little to no EQ. Its textbook perfect hypercardioid polar pattern and extended flat frequency response translate to a natural on- and off-axis performance coupled with benchmark levels of clarity and detail.
Earthworks advanced technologies have made it possible to create a hypercardioid high definition microphone with a 40kHz high frequency response. This provides an exceptional ability to capture minute details that conventional cardioid microphones miss. Like the SR40V, the WL40V capsule features impressive impulse response which allows the microphone to capture fast transients with great accuracy and precision. Its incredible gain-before-feedback and exceptional ability to reject sounds from the rear of the microphone make the WL40V a perfect tool for live sound, recording and broadcast applications.
Its near-perfect polar response provides the same pristine sound quality at both the front and sides of the microphone. The WL40V is machined and hand tooled from high quality, aircraft-grade metals in Earthworks' New Hampshire based facility. The capsule features a textured black finish and comes with the Earthworks 15 year warranty. The WL40V redefines vocal microphone capsules and will dramatically enhance the performance of any compatible wireless handheld transmitter.
The WL40V wireless capsule is interchangeable with most screw-on-type handheld transmitters that receive a 31.3mm/pitch 1.0mm threading (1.25â? x 28 thread pitch). The WL40V utilizes a conventional 3-ring concentric connector with the outer ring as common-, middle ring as power+ and center ring as audio +. Please verify that your wire-less transmitter has the same 3-ring concentric ring configuration as described above to insure proper functionality of the capsule.
The Earthworks High Definition WL40V micro-phone capsule can be utilized as a significant up-grade for wireless transmitters utilizing a compatible 3-ring concentric interface. Earthworks unique microphone technology enables this capsule to capture vocals with extraordinary detail and incredibly clear articulation, and with fewer plosives. Upgrade your wireless microphone systems today, and enjoy all the exceptional benefits of Earthworks High Definition Microphone technologies in your wireless systems.
Earthworks WL40V High Definition Wireless Microphone Capsule Features
- High Definition Vocal Microphone Capsule for Wireless Handheld Transmitters
- 30Hz to 40kHz Frequency Response
- Capture Detail That Other Microphones Miss
- Uniform Frequency Response at 0°, 45° & 90°
- 135dB SPL Max Acoustic Input
- More Gain-Before-Feedback
- Exceptional Rejection of Sounds From the Rear of the Microphone
Earthworks WL40V High Definition Wireless Microphone Capsule Specifications
- Frequency Response: 30Hz to 40kHz Â±2dB @ 30cm
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: Dependent upon wireless system
- Power requirements: 5 to 12V @ 500ÂµA using second & outer ring on 3-ring concentric connector
- Max Acoustic Input: 135dB SPL (based on DC voltage supplied)
- Distortion: Less than 3% THD
- Output: 10mv/Pa using center & outer ring on 3-ring concentric connector
- Output Impedance: 300Ω, unbalanced (center & outer ring)
- Noise: 22dBA @ capsule output, (A weighted)
- Threads: 1.25â?/28 thread pitch, and 31.3mm/pitch 1mm threading
- Dimensions L x D: 3.7 in. (93.98mm) 1.93 in (49mm). max dia. & 1.46 in (37mm) min dia.
- Weight: 0.2 lbs. (90g)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review