Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone
The Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone is designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects. With near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern and SPL rating of 150dB, the TC30 captures rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
The Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone is perfect for recording and live performances.
With a whopping SPL rating of 150dB the Earthworks TC30 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about distortion, even with the loudest instruments. And there is no proximity effect, so you can get the Earthworks TC30 as close as you want to the sound source.
With an extended 9Hz – 30kHz ruler-flat frequency response, the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound. Its transient response is ultra fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. The Earthworks TC30 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
Its near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the Earthworks TC30 Microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
Designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects.
Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Features
- General purpose omni
- Ideal for a wide variety of instruments and vocals, including acoustic guitar, string instruments and piano
- Frequency response goes to 30kHz
- Fast, clean impulse performance yields a remarkably transparent sound
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Accurate and uncolored
- No handling noise, no proximity effect and is very forgiving in terms of placement
- Effortlessly handle high sound pressure levels up to 150dB SPL while simultaneously capturing subtle details
- Fast impulse response and diaphragm settling time
- Exceptional flat frequency response and are time coherent, so they sound natural and uncolored
Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Applications
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Bass Amp
- Guitar Amp
Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 8mV/Pa (-42dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 150dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 26dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 229mm x 22mm (9 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .5 lb. (225g)
Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Includes
- Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone
- MC1 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks TC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I am currently using almost all Earthworks mics on my drum kit, and I am using a pair of these TC30s for my overhead mics. Because they are omnidirectional I have them placed in extreme stereo separation, and I have them higher than I typically have had overheads in the past so that they capture the entire set, no just the cymbals (I am close micing the cymbals with SR25s). These pic up so much clarity and detail that I can pretty much turn off all other mics except for the kick mic and the sound is still incredible.