Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone
The Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone is a world class multi-purpose instrument microphone designed for live performance and studio recording environments. This precision engineered 40kHz hypercardioid condenser is designed for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums.
The Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone offers exceptional high frequency response that will capture minute details previously not possible with conventional hypercardioid family microphones.
For a microphone that delivers uncompromising performance both onstage and in the studio, the Earthworks SR40/HC hypoercardioid Microphone is designed to seamlessly transition from tracking vocals in the studio to miking acoustic guitar onstage and everything in between.
The Earthworks SR40/HC’s near-perfect hypercardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones.
The extended frequency response from 20Hz – 40kHz reproduces sound with more depth and accuracy, especially for those instruments that include more high frequency overtones.
It handles transients with ease, reproducing every detail no matter how sharp or subtle. Capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 139dB without distortion, the Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone can handle nearly any instrument.
Its clean on-axis response provides maximum articulation up to 90 degrees off-axis, while rejecting off-axis noise and feedback from ambiance, surrounding instruments and nearby stage monitors thanks to its more than 30dB of rear rejection.
This multi-purpose microphone is equally at home miking acoustic guitar, brass, woodwinds, drums, guitar amp, vocals and more.
Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone Features
- Extended frequency response to 40kHz
- Multi-purpose directional microphone
- More gain before feedback than other microphones
- Less leakage
- Textbook perfect hypercardioid polar pattern with natural on and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Transparent sound quality
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
- 20Hz – 40kHz frequency response, revealing subtleties in the sound that are non-existent from microphones with less high frequency range, and enabling musical performances to exhibit greater depth and realism
- The exceptional rear rejection performance enables your mic to easily isolate instruments in a recording or live performance setting, thus minimizing acoustic bleed
Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone Applications
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Bass Amp
- Guitar Amp
- Live Vocals
- Studio Vocals
Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 40kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: Male XLR-3 balanced (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 250mm x x 22mm (9.84 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .5 lb (225g)
Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone Includes
- Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone
- MC1 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone Downloads
- Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone User Manual (PDF)
- Earthworks SR40/HC Hypercardioid Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review