The Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone is a precision engineered cardioid condenser designed for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano, vocals and drums. It delivers an incredible transparent sound quality, offering near-perfect polar response and high rejection of sounds at the rear of the microphone, resulting in less leakage and more gain before feedback.
The Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone is a multi-purpose cardioid condenser microphone designed for instrument miking in live performance and studio recording environments.A natural performer, the Earthworks SR30 delivers a transparent, true to life sound no matter what the instrument. Sonic timbre and frequency response stay uniform across the entire front of the microphone capsule, helping capture the true character of your instrument. The SR30 is ideal for acoustic string instruments, brass, woodwinds, piano and drums.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement and ensuring more gain before feedback. With over 30dB of off-axis rejection, the Earthworks SR30 is ideally suited for capturing audio in highly ambient environments and near monitor speakers.
With a lighting fast transient response, the Earthworks SR30 handles sharp attacks with ease, while still capture all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. With an SPL rating of 139dB, the Earthworks SR30 delivers exceptional reproduction of without distortion.
Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone Features
- Extended frequency response to 30kHz
- Multi-purpose directional microphone
- More gain before feedback than other microphones
- Less leakage
- Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on- and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- Transparent sound quality
- Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier louder attacks
Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone Applications
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Bass Amp
- Guitar Amp
- Live Vocals
- Studio Vocals
Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 212mm x x 22mm (8.4 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .5 lb (225g)
Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone Includes
- Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone
- MC1 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks SR30 Cardiod Microphone Downloads
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
What you hear is what you getAug 26th 2010
These are called "ultra-accurate" for a reason. I used them recently on a classical guitar and ended up mixing with another (colored) mic as they sounded "too accurate". They picked up EVERYTHING, including finger noises and external noises. I suspect that if the performer were better, these would be ideal. Also used them live for orchestra and they sounded so natural that the conductor thought the PA was not turned on... If your environment is noisy, though, beware, as these will pick up everything....