Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone
Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been used briefly for demonstration purposes. Expect these items to have minor cosmetic issues but rest assured that these issues do not have any affect on the functionality, playability or performance of the item. These units have been inspected and/or tested and come with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, as well as our commitment to service. They also include all accessories and paperwork as if you purchased it brand new. Please note, Demo items are priced to move fast so no other discounts or promotional codes can be applied to our already discounted prices.
The Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone is a cardioid mic with clean, natural on-axis pick up and smooth uncolored off-axis rejection, making it a superb choice for a wide range of applications, including reinforcement and recording of vocals, guitar, drums, piano, horns, strings and woodwinds. The Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone is a multi-purpose vocal & instrument microphone designed for live performance and studio recording environments.The ultimate workhorse microphone, the Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone is designed to seamlessly transition from tracking vocals in the studio to miking acoustic guitar onstage and everything in between.
The Earthworks SR20’s near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, simplifying mic placement, ensuring more gain before feedback and virtually eliminating phasing issues when using multiple microphones. It handles transients with ease, reproducing every detail no matter how sharp or subtle. Capable of handling sound pressure levels of up to 139dB without distortion, the Earthworks SR20 can handle nearly any instrument.
Featuring a screw-on metal mesh windscreen, the Earthworks SR20 is a world-class vocal microphone that captures the subtle details of your performance. Its clean on-axis response provides maximum intelligibility of vocals up to 90 degrees off-axis, while rejecting off-axis noise and feedback from ambiance, surrounding instruments and nearby stage monitors thanks to its massive rear rejection.
This performance also makes the Earthwork SR20 a stellar choice for presentations, press conferences, meeting halls and more. When every word counts, the Earthworks SR20 will deliver. Unscrewing the Earthworks SR20’s windscreen reveals an instrument microphone that is equally at home miking acoustic guitar, brass, woodwinds, drums, guitar amp, and more.
Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone Features
- Will accurately capture a voice with the same precision and quality up to 90 degrees off-axis, providing the same pristine sound quality at the front and side of the microphone
- Up close the Earthworks SR20 is warm, not boomy, while its unique windscreen assembly eliminates the popping of P’s
- Patented design and uniform polar response provide more gain before feedback than other microphones
- Unscrewing the windscreen of the Earthworks SR20 allows it to become an instrument mic for piano, guitar, drums, brass, woodwinds and other instruments
- Textbook perfect cardioid polar pattern with natural on and off-axis performance
- Provides excellent results for both live performance and recording applications
- Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
- No “smearing” of low-level signals
Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone Applications
- Acoustic Guitar
- Bass Amp
- Brass Instruments
- Drum Overhead
- Guitar Amp
- Kick Drum
- String Instruments
Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa (-34dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 139dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O, balanced between pins 2 & 3
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 212mm x x 22mm (8.4 x .860 inches), 238mm x 22mm (with windscreen)
- Weight: .3 lb (135g)
Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone Includes
- Earthworks SR20 Handheld Condenser Microphone
- MC1 Microphone Clip
- SRW1 Black Aluminum Screw-On Windscreen
- User Manual
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review