Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone
Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been used briefly for demonstration purposes. Expect these items to have minor cosmetic issues but rest assured that these issues do not have any affect on the functionality, playability or performance of the item. These units have been inspected and/or tested and come with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, as well as our commitment to service. They also include all accessories and paperwork as if you purchased it brand new. Please note, Demo items are priced to move fast so no other discounts or promotional codes can be applied to our already discounted prices.
The Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone is a 30kHz low noise omni mic designed for recording quiet sources. Delivering sound so detailed and real, the QTC30 brings recordings to life and delivers a truly accurate snapshot of your sound. The Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone's near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule. With an extended 3Hz – 30kHz ruler-flat frequency response (with no frequencies exaggerated or attenuated) the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound.
The Earthworks QTC30 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions. With an SPL rating of 140dB the Earthworks QTC30 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about the microphone distorting. And there is no proximity effect, you can get the Earthworks QTC30 as close as you want to the sound source.
Ideal for for recording quieter sources such as vocals, strings and distant miked orchestras or choirs, the Earthworks QTC30 low noise omni is also an excellent choice for drum overheads, close-miked wind and percussion instruments, and foley.
Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Features
- Frequency response to 30kHz and excellent impulse response
- Reproduces sounds with incredible detail that are true and life-like
- An ideal and affordable choice for recording applications
- Intended for detailed sources
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Accurate and uncolored
- Handles sound levels up to 140dB with no proximity effect or handling noise
Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Applications
- Acoustic String Instruments
- Studio Vocals
Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 3Hz to 30kHz ±1/-3dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 140dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 165mm x 22mm (6.5 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .35 lb. (160g)
Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Includes
- Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone
- MC1 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks QTC30 Omnidirectional Microphone Downloads
What We Think
The Earthworks QTC30 can be summed up in one word, Pristine. The sound is just real. There is an openness, detail, and full range natural realness to the mic that captures the sound source honestly. The QTC30 is great on almost everything. Drum Overheads, Drum Room, Acoustic Guitar (and stringed instruments), woodwind, piano, and choir, are just some of the things I have used the QTC30 on, with amazing results. It really is an amazing mic. I have no idea how Earthworks got such a wide response and realism out of such a small capsule, but they achieve great things with their mics (have from the beginning), and the QTC30 is no exception.
- Ryan Ferris
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review