Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System
Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been used briefly for demonstration purposes. Expect these items to have minor cosmetic issues but rest assured that these issues do not have any affect on the functionality, playability or performance of the item. These units have been inspected and/or tested and come with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, as well as our commitment to service. They also include all accessories and paperwork as if you purchased it brand new. Please note, Demo items are priced to move fast so no other discounts or promotional codes can be applied to our already discounted prices.
The Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System is designed to revolutionize piano miking and achieve an incredible improvement in piano sound for live and recording applications with no mic stands or booms. The Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System provides the best of both worlds. A simple piano miking system that takes just minutes to setup and provides incredible results for live performances and studio recordings. Engineered to allow open or closed lid miking, the Earthworks PianoMic™ is ideal for a wide range of miking situations. In a recording studio with no other instruments, the Earthworks PianoMic™ shines with the lid open. When in more crowded settings such as on a concert stage shared with other instruments, merely close the piano lid to isolate the piano and minimize leakage. In both scenarios the Earthworks PianoMic ™will capture the piano with incredible detail.
At the heart of the Earthworks PianoMic™ are two random incidence omnidirectional microphones, specifically designed for use inside of a piano, which is a diffuse sound field. This means that sound is coming at the microphones from multiple sources and multiple directions. A random-incidence microphone is designed to be placed within such a diffuse sound field and pick up sounds uniformly, whether they arrive at the front, the sides or the rear of the microphone. The Earthworks PianoMic™ System achieves much of its remarkable performance through the use of specially designed, 40kHz random-incidence High Definition Microphones™.
Because of the near-perfect omnidirectional polar response of the microphones and extraordinarily tight impulse response, the Earthworks PianoMic™ picks up every note with consistently. So, the full range of the piano including the high and low strings will be reproduced with no hot spots. In addition, the microphones exhibit no proximity effect, regardless of their distance from the piano strings or soundboard. The mics, when positioned close to the sound source, also provide incredible gain before feedback and can handle up to 148dB SPL.
Designed for minimal visibility, the Earthworks PM40 PianoMic™ system mounts within the piano. The telescoping bar allows the Earthworks PianoMic™ to be quickly and easily installed in nearly all grand pianos and to place the microphones close to or away from the dampers and get the exact sound desired. Set on flexible goosenecks, the microphone capsules can be easily repositioned for optimal microphone placement. A separate output stage box features a 5-pin XLR input and two 3-pin XLR outputs. A leather case with a strap allows the box to be mounted onto a piano leg, so the microphone remains nearly invisible from outside the piano or with the lid closed.
Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System Features
- Cannot be seen from outside of the piano (needs no stands or mic booms)
- Superb sound with the piano lid either up or down
- Virtually no leakage from sounds outside the piano
- Incredible gain before feedback
- Recording studios can now record piano with other instruments in the same room
- Handles sound pressure levels up to 148dB
- Quick, simple and easy setup
- 40kHz Random Incidence Omnis
- Hear the full range of the piano including the high and low strings with no hot spots
- The telescoping bar allows the Earthworks PianoMic™ to be quickly and easily installed in nearly all grand pianos and to place the microphones close to or away from the dampers and get the exact sound desired
Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System Applications
Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System Specifications
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 40kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional (random incidence)
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa (-36dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 148dB SPL
- Output: XLR-3 (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Mic Gooseneck Length: 4.75?
- Dimensions: 64? fully extended, 46? fully collapsed
- Weight: Mic Assembly .75 lb. (350g), With External Electronics Box 1.5 lb. (700g)
Earthworks PM40 PianoMic System Includes
- 1 x PianoMic Telescoping Bar with Attached Microphone Heads
- 1 x Microphone Electronics Box
- 1 x Leather Pouch for Electronics Box
- 1 x Mic Stand Mounting Bracket for Electronics Box
- 2 x Ears for Mounting Bracket
- 2 x Screws for Ears & Bracket
- 4 x Felt Pads with Adhesive Backing
- 1 x PM40-C Carrying Case
- 1 x PMVM1 Touch-Fastner Mount
- 1 x User’s Manual
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review