Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone
The Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone is a cost effective measurement microphone intended for large and small room calibration. The ultra wide frequency response of 9Hz to 30kHz is flat throughout the entire spectrum and results in accurate room calibration using Smaart, MLSSA, SIMM and TEF based systems.
The Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone's small element yields an omni-directional pattern resulting in a wide pick up area at the front and sides of the microphone capsule.
The Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone is a precision engineered battery-powered 30kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone ideally suited for on-location acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required and portability is important or a power source is not readily available.
Designed for remote use, the Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone's body opens for replaceable battery access, with a battery life of 300 hours. This Earthworks M30BX requires 6V Lithium or 4 LR44 alkaline batteries.
The Earthworks M30BX’s audio performance is unparalleled. It has a flat frequency response that extends from 9Hz to 30kHz, an exceptionally consistent omnidirectional polar response, 140dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise. With temperature compensated electronics the Earthworks M30BX was built to deliver repeatable results no matter what the environment.
Extremely fast impulse response and linear phase response make the Earthworks M30BX ideal for use with high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software like SMAART™, SIM™, REW™, Electroacoustics Toolbox™, FuzzMeasure™ and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Every Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone Features
- Microphone body opens for replaceable battery access, with a battery life of 300 hours
- Works with RTA apps by using iPad / iPhone to TRRS to XLR mic cable
- 30kHz flat frequency response
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC™ previously offered by EAW
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART™, MLSSA™, Spectrafoo™, TEF™ and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating temp range is -20 deg C to +60 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 140 deg. F)
- Storage temp range is -40 deg C to +80 deg C ( -40 deg. F to 176 deg. F)
- Humidity up to 90%
- Re-calibration recommended every five (5) years
Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone Applications
- Foley Recording
Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 30kHz ±1/-3dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 34mV/Pa (-29dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 6V Battery Type P28 (2CR-1/3N, 4LR44 or equivalent)
- Max Acoustic Input: 140dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65O balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600O between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 20dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 220mm x 22mm (8.65 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .4 lb. (180g)
Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone Includes
- Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone
- ADP1 1/2? Calibrator Adapter
- ADP2 XLR/RCA adapter
- MC3 Microphone Clip
- User Manual
- 15 Year Warranty
Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone Downloads
- Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone User Manual (PDF)
- Earthworks M30BX Measurement Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review