Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones
The Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones are a matched pair of FlexWand Series 4’ integrated microphones designed for instrument miking applications. Each having a unique combination of hypercardioid mic, microphone boom and stand, the FW430/HCMP provides near perfect polar response and rejects sounds from the rear of the microphones, making it a perfect solution for choirs and vocal groups.
The Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones are a matched pair of high definition hypercardioid microphones (FW430/HC) along with accessories designed for instrument miking applications. The Earthworks FW430/HC combines a hypercardioid microphone, microphone boom and stand in one unit. It allows the microphone head to be positioned as high as 4.45 feet and as low as 6 inches from the floor or any-where in between.
When you do not want to compromise appearance for sound quality, the Earthworks FW430/HC Hypercardioid FlexWand™ Mic provides the best of both worlds. Combining a 30kHz hypercardioid mic, low profile mic stand and boom as a single freestanding unit, the Earthworks FW430/HC delivers a low profile and flexible miking solution for instrument and vocal applications.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, which simplifies microphone placement and and ensures more gain before feedback. With 32dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments.
Additionally, the Earthworks FW430/HC FlexWand’s wide coverage area allows for the use of fewer Earthworks microphones with better coverage and sound quality.
With a low noise floor and extended frequency response, the Earthworks FW430/HC is ideal for a wide variety of instruments, both in the studio and live onstage.
Beyond its improved audio performance and coverage, the Earthworks FW430/HC FlexWand™ is designed with functionality in mind. The microphone head can be positioned as high as 4’ 7” feet and as low as 10 inches from the floor or anywhere in between, allowing a nearly unlimited number of microphone positioning options.
Additionally, there are no visible wires or cables above floor level. Instead, the microphone cable plugs into the base of the microphone, making it incredibly low profile and clean.
Standing 4’ 7” tall (m) and measuring just .75 inches (19mm) at its widest point, the Earthworks FW430/HC FlexWand™ provides both height and a very low profile appearance, virtually disappearing from sightlines in the audience or on camera.
The Earthworks FW430/HC incorporates a large flex section near the center of the stand that couples the stand and the wand, allowing you to adjust the microphone from its tallest height at 4’ 7” (1.4m) to 10” (0.25m) above the ground and anywhere in between. The mini-gooseneck between the end of the wand and the microphone head lets you precisely and quickly position the microphone for optimal coverage.
The sturdy cast iron base provides enough weight so that there is no concern of the Earthworks FW430/HC FlexWand™ falling over if it is bumped into. Rather, the microphone easily stabilizes itself.
Optional 2 and 3 foot extensions available separately for added height.
Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones Features
- A perfect matched pair with uniform frequency response on or off axis
- Frequency response up to 30kHz
- Large flex section near the center of the stand that couples the stand and the wand
- Mini-gooseneck between the end of the wand and the microphone head
- Substantial improvement in gain before feedback
- Handles high sound pressure levels with high rejection of sounds to the rear of the microphone
- Near perfect polar response of the Earthworks FW430/HC FlexWand™ allows the use of fewer microphones with better sound quality
- No spotlighting and incredible rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone
- Sturdy 12 pound cast iron base will not allow the Earthworks FW430/HC FlexWand™ to be accidentally knocked over
Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones Applications
- Acoustic Guitar
- Bass Amp
- Brass Instrument
- Drum Overhead
- Guitar Amp
- String Instruments
Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65 ohm balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600 ohm between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Positioning Range: From 10 inches to 4.7 feet above floor level
- Dimensions (Per Mic): Stand 4’7" (1.39m); Base 12" (30.5cm) in diameter, 1.1" (2.7cm) high
- Color: Stand, flex & wand – black, base – dark gray
- Weight (Per Mic): Stand 2 lbs. (.9 kg), Base 12.6 lbs. (5.7kg)
Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones Includes
- Matched Pair of Earthworks FW430/HC Hypercardioid FlexWand Microphones
- 2 x FlexWand™ Stand/Wand Sections
- 2 x Base for Stand/Wand Sections
- 2 x PW1 Foam Windscreens
- User Manual
- 15 Years Warranty
Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones Downloads
- Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones User Manual (PDF)
- Earthworks FW430/HCMP FlexWand Microphones Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review