Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone
Front End Audio frequently has gear that has been used briefly for demonstration purposes. Expect these items to have minor cosmetic issues but rest assured that these issues do not have any affect on the functionality, playability or performance of the item. These units have been inspected and/or tested and come with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, as well as our commitment to service. Please note, Demo items are priced to move fast so no other discounts or promotional codes can be applied to our already discounted prices.
The Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone is a FlexWand™ Series 4’ integrated microphone offers floor stand solution for instrument miking applications. A unique combination of microphone, microphone boom and stand in a single unit, the Earthworks FW430 provides near perfect polar response and the ability to reject sounds from the rear of the mic, making it a perfect solution for choirs and vocal groups.
The Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone is a combination of a high definition microphone and a low profile microphone stand and boom as a single unit. It allows the microphone head to be positioned as high as 4.7 feet and as low as 10 inches from the floor or any-where in between.
When you do not want to compromise appearance for sound quality, the Earthworks FW430 FlexWand™ provides the best of both worlds. Combining a 30kHz cardioid microphone, low profile microphone stand and boom as a single freestanding unit, the Earthworks FW430 delivers a low profile and flexible miking solution for instrument and vocal applications.
Its near-perfect cardioid polar pattern is consistent across all frequencies, which simplifies microphone placement and and ensures more gain before feedback. With 32dB of rear rejection, it is ideal for live performances where there may be bleed from surrounding instruments.
Additionally, the Earthworks FW430 FlexWand’s wide coverage area allows for the use of fewer Earthworks microphones with better coverage and sound quality.
With a low noise floor and extended frequency response, the Earthworks FW430 is ideal for a wide variety of instruments, both in the studio and live onstage.
Beyond its improved audio performance and coverage, the Earthworks FW430 FlexWand™ is designed with functionality in mind. The microphone head can be positioned as high as 4’ 7” feet and as low as 10 inches from the floor or anywhere in between, allowing a nearly unlimited number of microphone positioning options.
Additionally, there are no visible wires or cables above floor level. Instead, the microphone cable plugs into the base of the microphone, making it incredibly low profile and clean.
Standing 4’ 7” tall (m) and measuring just .75 inches (19mm) at its widest point, the FW430 FlexWand™ provides both height and a very low profile appearance, virtually disappearing from sightlines in the audience or on camera.
The Earthworks FW430 incorporates a large flex section near the center of the stand that couples the stand and the wand, allowing you to adjust the microphone from its tallest height at 4’ 7” (1.4m) to 10” (0.25m) above the ground and anywhere in between. The mini-gooseneck between the end of the wand and the microphone head lets you precisely and quickly position the microphone for optimal coverage.
The sturdy cast iron base provides enough weight so that there is no concern of the Earthworks FW430 FlexWand™ falling over if it is bumped into. Rather, the microphone easily stabilizes itself.
Optional 2 and 3 foot extensions available separately for added height.
Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone Features
- Uniform frequency response on or off axis
- Frequency response up to 30kHz
- Large flex section near the center of the stand that couples the stand and the wand
- Mini-gooseneck between the end of the wand and the microphone head
- Substantial improvement in gain before feedback
- Handles high sound pressure levels with high rejection of sounds to the rear of the microphone
- Near perfect polar response of the Earthworks FW430 FlexWand™ allows the use of fewer microphones with better sound quality
- No spotlighting and incredible rejection of sounds from the rear of the microphone
- Sturdy 12 pound cast iron base will not allow the Earthworks FW430 FlexWand™ to be accidentally knocked over
Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone Applications
- Acoustic Guitar
- Bass Amp
- Brass Instrument
- Drum Overhead
- Guitar Amp
- String Instruments
Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 30kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24 – 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65 ohm balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600 ohm between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 16dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Positioning Range: From 10 inches to 4.7 feet above floor level
- Dimensions: Stand 4’7" (1.39m); Base 12" (30.5cm) in diameter, 1.1" (2.7cm) high
- Color: Stand, flex & wand – black, base – dark gray
- Weight: Stand 2 lbs. (.9 kg), Base 12.6 lbs. (5.7kg)
Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone Includes
- Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone (Demo)
- FlexWand™ Stand/Wand Section
- Base for Stand/Wand Section
- PW1 Foam Windscreen
- User Manual
- 1 Year Warranty
Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone Downloads
- Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone User Manual (PDF)
- Earthworks FW430 Cardioid FlexWand Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review