Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina Condenser Microphone
The Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina is clear a mic suited best for folk music. It has a soft top end, and solid bottom end, and is full and present in the mids. The upper mid clarity is very pleasant, but is quite musical in providing that. The low mids are deep, and allow you to capture the body of the sound source very well. The Edwina is well suited for stringed acoustic instruments, and is a great pairing for Mandolin, Fiddle, and the like.
The Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina Condenser Microphone is a versatile large-diaphragm condenser microphone with great sound to match it's distinctive but not dominating looks. With meticulously tested, hand-wired electronic components, Edwina is designed specifically for feedback rejection in demanding live settings. Her smooth, detailed sound excels at all kinds of stage duties, from vocals to acoustic instruments to drum overheads, and also shines in the studio as a warm, accurate recording mic. She is optimized as a single-source mic, but with a sweet spot from one out to 18 inches, she does great capturing voice and instrument together for solo or even two performers. Also available in stereo pairs.
Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina Condenser Microphone Features
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Side or end address, using pivoting bracket
- Capsule and electronics tuned for close to medium distance use on the most difficult stages with excellent feedback rejection
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components - film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina Condenser Microphone Specifications
- TRANSDUCER TYPE: condenser, large (26 mm) diaphragm
- POLAR PATTERN: cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20 - 15K hz (-3dB)
- SENSITIVITY: -38.9dB (11 mV/Pa)
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: <50 Ohm
- NOISE LEVEL (A-weighted): <14 dBA
- POWER REQUIREMENT: +48V phantom power
- WEIGHT: 1 lb (4 lbs cased)
- DIMENSIONS: 8 3/4 x 4 x 1 3/4; head is 3 in diameter
Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina Condenser Microphone Includes
- Edwina microphone
- Metal tool case with foam padding
- Mic clip
Ear Trumpet Labs Edwina Condenser Microphone Downloads
What We Think
What can I say about the Edwina. I really like this mic. It has a softer top, clear detailed upper mids, full mids/low mids, and a present but natural bottom end. It sounded very solid on my voice (male baritone). There was a slight presence in the upper mids that made the voice sound more alive, that was surprising. On acoustic guitar (my Taylor 114ce), I placed the mic about six inches from the guitar around the 11th/12th fret, and pointed it at the heal of the neck. This is were I fell in love with this mic. The finger noise and pick noise was there, but rounded - it was pleasant to listen to. I like those noises, to me the make an acoustic sound real. Overall there was plenty of cut and detail to make the guitar clear. The mid range was big and smooth, allowing the resonance and body of the guitar to come out, without being boxy or having mud. The lows reached well and were natural. The Edwina is well suited for stringed acoustic instruments, and is a great pairing for Mandolin, Fiddle, and the like.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The Milk Carton Kids on Austin City Limits "Michigan"
The Milk Carton Kids perform on Austin City Limits on February...
FreshGrass Presents: SARAH JAROSZ
Get tickets to FreshGrass here: http://freshgrass.com/get-tick...
Ear Trumpet Labs Sonic Sampler
Highlight reel of great performances all using microphones by ...
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review