DW Fearn VT-I/F Vacuum Tube DI
The DW Fearn VT-I/F Vacuum Tube DI returns to the market after more than a decade, due to popular demand! This highly musical tube DI is nothing short of a professional and sonically rich solution for electric and electric /acoustic guitars, bass guitars, electric pianos and synths, and more!
The D.W. Fearn model VT-I/F Vacuum Tube Instrument Interface is designed to provide recording professionals with a sonically superior method for recording electric and electronic musical instruments by direct injection (DI). Any instrument designed to operate into a guitar amp will work perfectly with the VT-I/F. Typical instruments include: electric bass, electric guitar, electric piano, acoustic instruments with a pickup (piano, acoustic guitar, electric violin, etc.), synthesizers, and samplers.
The VT-I/F is a two-channel device that provides the optimum load impedance for these instruments. It is capable of quality reproduction of a wide range of instrument levels. The unit does not have the limitations of passive transformertype DIs, and has greater headroom and warmth when compared to similar solidstate devices.
It is designed to operate in the professional recording or performing environment. The output level is hot mic level (-30 dBm nominal). The output is transformer-balanced, using a custom transformer built for us by Jensen Transformers, Inc., and is designed to match 150 ohm professional mic inputs. Top-quality parts are used throughout. The case is machined from solid quarter-inch thick aluminum plate for ruggedness and durability. Both the filament and plate power supplies are fully regulated.
DW Fearn VT-I/F Vacuum Tube DI Features
- The VT-I/F is not mass-produced. Each one is hand-made and meticulously tested before shipment to the end-user.
- Designed for:
- Electric bass
- Electric guitar
- Electric piano
- Acoustic instruments with a pickup (piano, acoustic guitar, electric violin, etc.)
- Synthesizers and other keyboards.
DW Fearn VT-I/F Vacuum Tube DI Specifications
- Input: 200 mV nominal unbalanced
- Input Load Impedance: 1 megohm minimum
- Minimum Input Level: 5 mV nominal
- Maximum Input Level: 2.3 volts P-P for 1% THD
- Gain: -10 dB
- Frequency Response:
- +/- 0.2 dB 10 cps to 20 kc
- -3 dB @ 0.5 cps and 95 kc
- THD + Noise: <0.3% 20 cps to 20 kc
- Intermodulation Distortion: <0.01% SMPTE
- Noise: minimum 90 dB below output (22 cps to 22 kc bandwidth)
- Output: Transformer Balanced (matches 150 ohm input)
- Output Level: -30 dBm nominal
- Maximum Output Level: -12 dBm
- Crosstalk maximum: -90 dB @ 20 kc
- Power Requirements: 100/120/220 VAC 50/60Hz - 25W
- Dimensions: 8W x 5H x 12D (20.3cm x 12.7cm x 30.5cm)
- Weight: 15 lbs (6.82 kg)
DW Fearn VT-I/F Vacuum Tube DI Includes
- DW Fearn VT-I/F Vacuum Tube DI
- Power Cable
- 5 Year Warranty
DW Fearn VT-I/F Vacuum Tube DI Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review