DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier
The DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier is 4-Channels of the VT-1 / VT-2 preamplifier, featuring exactly the same footprint and specifications as the VT-2, only with 4-channels instead of 2. If you need many channels of excellent tube/valve preamplification, the VT-24 is your destination preamp.
Like most of our products, the VT-24 came about because it was something Doug Fearn needed for his own recording projects. He wanted to record every microphone with VT-1 / VT-2 mic preamps, but he was running out of rack space in his small control room. A four-channel version of the VT-2 would double his preamp capacity in the same space.
Doug did not want to compromise on the sound nor on the features of the VT-2. DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier uses the identical circuit and custom Jensen input and output transformers as all their mic preamps. It has four true VU meters, but they are smaller than on a VT-1 / VT-2. Specs are the same as a VT-2, and, most importantly, the sound is exactly the same.
DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier has eight tubes, but it runs cool enough that no fan is required, so you can have it next to live mics without a problem.
One thing that they did have to eliminate in DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier is the meter switch. But the 48V phantom power, 20dB pad, and special input selection for Low-Z microphones are just like on a VT-1 / VT-2. The power switch is on the front panel.
DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier Features
- A four-channel version of the
- Uses custom Jensen input and output transformers
- Features four true VU meters, but they are smaller than those on a VT-1 / VT-2
- Includes eight tubes
- Features connections for 48V phantom power, 20dB pad, and special input selection for Low-Z microphones
- Power switch is located on the front panel
- 5 Year Warranty
DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier Specifications
- Manufacturer: DW Fearn
- Product: VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier
- Input Impedance: 150 ohm
- Input Load Impedance: 1.5 k ohm
- Minimum Input Level: -65 dBm nominal
- Maximum Input Level: @ 20 cps -30 dBm without pad: -5 dBm with 20 dB
- Gain: 53 dB
- Frequency Response: +/-0.25 dB 20 cps to 20 kc; -3 dB @ 0.5 cps and 55 kc
- THD+Noise: < 0.25% 20 cps to 20 kc
- Intermodulation Distortion SMPTE: < 0.02%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 74 dB minimum
- Equivalent Input Noise: -124 dBm maximum
- Output Impedance: Low-Z, transformer-balanced
- Maximum Output Level: +22 dBm, 20k ohm load
- Power Requirements: 100, 120, or 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions: 19" (48.26cm) W, 5.25" (13.34cm) H, 14" (35.56cm) D
- Weight: 20 lbs (9kg)
DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier Includes
- VT-24 4-Channel Microphone Preamplifier
- Manual & Literature
- IEC Power Cable
- 5 Year Warranty
DW Fearn VT-24 Microphone Preamplifier Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review