DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone
DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone
DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone Details
The DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone is a new, all-metal replacement for the older 4098H Hanging Choir Microphone. It's now strong enough to be used for double duty as a podium microphone as well. Options now include your choice of color (Black or White), length of gooseneck boom (6, 12, or 18 inches), and output connector (MicroDot or XLR).
Exceptional audio qualityClean, intelligible sound is key when a single speaker is addressing a crowd. DPA's d:screet Podium Microphones deliver high intelligibility with their controlled directionality and rejection of background noise.
Superb DPA quality and remarkably clean sound is available at a modest price level in podium microphones based on DPA's d:screet miniature series. These microphones include the thoroughly tested d:screet Miniature capsule and interference tube technology.
Wireless podium mic capability with our MicroDot versionsDPA's d:screet Podium Microphones are available with MicroDot connector making them well suitable for a wireless Podium Mic setup. No more cables across the stage, simply connect the Podium Mic with a wireless transmitter and your podium setup is more flexible than ever.
Different lengths for different tasksAll d:screet Podium Microphones provide linear, natural sound combined with elegant visual design. Boom pole lengths and gooseneck choices can be tailored for specific requests. Standard types are 30 cm / 12-inch and 45 cm / 18-inch with top and bottom goosenecks which are available in black. The short 15 cm / 6-inch variant is ideal for table or hanging applications and comes in booth black and white.
Speech intelligibility is extraordinary high and clarity of voice is definitely in its own league. Visual elegance is held through the thinnest pole available and a sleek Scandinavian design. The MicroDot d:screet boom poles can even run wireless through the DPA adapter range.
DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone Features
- Outstanding audio quality
- Wireless hanging / podium mic capability
- Highly directional "" very isolated
- High rejection of radio frequency interference
- Sleek design
- You have your choice of MicroDot or XLR termination (with MicroDot you can select the DAD6001 MicroDot to XLR Adapter Module which will power the microphone via +48v Phantom Power)
- Select a DPA MicroDot Adapter for your specific Wireless System
- Available in the following configurations:
- SC4098-BM15: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, Black, MicroDot, 15 cm / 6-inch Boom, all gooseneck
- SC4098-BX15: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, Black, XLR, 15 cm / 6-inch Boom, all gooseneck
- SC4098-WM15: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, White, MicroDot, 15 cm / 6-inch Boom, all gooseneck
- SC4098-WX15: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, White, XLR, 15 cm / 6-inch Boom, all gooseneck
- SC4098-BM30: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, Black, MicroDot, 30 cm / 12-inch Boom, top & bottom gooseneck
- SC4098-BX30: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, Black, XLR, 30 cm / 12-inch Boom, top gooseneck
- SC4098-BM45: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, Black, MicroDot, 45 cm / 18-inch Boom, top & bottom gooseneck
- SC4098-BX45: d:screet Supercardioid Microphone, Black, XLR, 45 cm / 18-inch Boom, top & bottom gooseneck
The DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone in WHITE are ONLY available in the 15 cm / 6-inch versions!
DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 100 Hz "" 15 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 8-15 kHz. Permanent 2nd order low-cut filter (-3 dB at 80 Hz)
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â± 3 dB at 1 kHz: 16 mV/Pa; -36 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 μPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 35 dB (max. 38 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 125 dB SPL peak
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1 % up to 122 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 102 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 136 dB
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms;
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kOhms;
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 50 dB
- Power supply (for full performance): 48 V phantom power Â± 4 V
- Current consumption: 3.5 mA
- Connector: XLR-M or MicroDot
- Weight: SC4098-BX15: 75 grams (2,6 oz), SC4098-BX30: 80 grams (2,8 oz), SC4098-BX45: 88 grams (3,1 oz)
- Microphone length: SC4098-BX15: 15 cm (6 in), SC4098-BX30: 30 cm (12 in), SC4098-BX45: 45 cm (18 in)
- Polarity: +V at pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
DPA SC4098 Hanging Choir/Podium Microphone Downloads
- DPA 4098H User Guide / Owners Manual (PDF) - made available for reference*** No manual for the SC4098 mics is available, yet
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review