DPA d:screet 4063 Omnidirectional Low Voltage Normal Sensitivity Microphone
DPA 4063 Omnidirectional Low Voltage Normal Sensitivity Microphone
DPA 4063 Omnidirectional Low Voltage Normal Sensitivity Microphone Details
Designed for use with wireless systems in theatres, television, and close-miked instrument applications, these tiny condenser mics are omnidirectional and therefore do not need to be aimed directly at the sound source. The DPA 4063 is acoustically identical with the DPA 4061, but the FET preamp in the input stage is designed for working with the lower supply voltage.
Offering great detail and resolution, the 4063s have a neutral sonic character and are very natural sounding. The 4063 has a very low noise floor, impressive sensitivity and can handle high SPLs. For full technical specs, please click the Specifications tab above.
DPA 4063 Applications
Musicians and engineers use them as live or studio microphones for close-miking acoustic string instruments. With broadcasters, the small condenser microphones are popular as lavalier and tie mics.
DPA 4063 Accessories
Two different grids are supplied (one high boost and one soft boost) and by changing these grids you can acoustically modify the microphone's response according to their placement on the body. Additionally, a wide range of accessories is available, such as windscreens, clips and holders, extension cables, and power supplies.
DPA 4063 Related Microphones
The DPA 4060, 4061, and 4062 are acoustically identical to the 4063 but have different SPL handling or sensitivity.
DPA 4063 Omnidirectional Low Voltage Normal Sensitivity Microphone Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz "" 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 "" 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz "" 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz.
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB(A)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: Typ. 97 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 138 dB
- Output impedance: 30 "" 40 ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: For wireless systems: Min. 3 V "" max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power Â±4 V for full performance.
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black, beige or white
- Microphone weight: 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
- Microphone length: Max. 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Cable diameter: 1.6 mm (0.06 in)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review