DPA 4099-B d:Vote Supercardioid Microphone for Acoustic Bass
DPA 4099-B Supercardioid Microphone for Acoustic Bass
DPA 4099-B d:Vote Supercardioid Microphone for Acoustic Bass Details
The DPA 4099-B d:Vote Supercardioid Microphone for Acoustic Bass is perfect for PA amplification and live recording of acoustic upright bass, and offers a sound that is considerably more natural than an internal microphone or pick-up as well as several excellent placement possibilities.
The 4099B is a unique clip microphone inheriting the sonic approach from the legendary DPA studio microphones to a new instrument microphone. The 4099B microphone and mounting system is meticulously designed and optimized for the double bass. This is to ensure the best possible mount and audio reinforcement is achieved when performing live. The 4099B attaches to the E and G string below the bridge and allows for microphone capsule placement in the sweet spot between bridge and fingerboard.
Representing years of research and development, the 4099 condenser microphones feature supercardioid polar patterns for superior gain-before-feedback. Fully capable of handling the double bass"?s dynamic range and subtle details, these microphones live up to their pedigree with sound as accurate as DPA"?s other world-class microphones.
Despite its tiny, discreet size and elegant, lightweight design, 4099B is extremely rugged. The versatile gooseneck provides stable and repeatable positioning. The mics can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument, while the mounting system is designed never to mar or scratch the finish of your instrument nor changing the sonic character of it.
Reduce cable clutter on stage by using the DAO4099 Double Cable. The cable carries both the 4099 mic extension cable and a pick-up jack connection in one dual cable run in a nylon sock. The jack uses high quality Mogami cable and gold Neutrik connectors. At the instrument end there is a right-angled connector. The microphone extension is the DPA miniature cable.
Through the use of our extensive adapter system, the 4099 can be used as a standard 48V phantom powered microphone via the included XLR connector and is also compatible with virtually any wireless system.
Fleet owners of 4099s will appreciate the multiplicity of using the microphone for a number of different instruments simply by moving the microphone/gooseneck part to another instrument clip from the range.
With its very flexible design for a wide variety of mounting and positioning possibilities along with its extremely natural sound, the 4099 is truly a musician"?s mic without equal. Continuing DPA"?s heritage of sonic excellence, this series of microphones achieves the purest reproduction of your instrument and therefore your full range of expression.
Optional gooseneck extensionStandard gooseneck length is 140 mm (5.5 in), which can be altered with the optional gooseneck extension unit, adding another 50% to the length, helping to achieve exactly the sweet spot for the instrument.
Detachable cablesThe updated 4099 range features detachable cable from gooseneck, so it"?s more convenient to mount the mic on an instrument before connecting it. Furthermore, the choice of different cable qualities makes it possible to tailor your mic to the specific task, such as choosing the heavy duty 2.2 mm cable for PA/Live gigs or the easier-to-hide, thinner miniature cable for personal mounting on instruments where you don"?t want the cable weight to interfere with your performance. In case of cable break, service is easy and fast.
Adapters for wireless microphonesA wide range of connection adapters makes it possible to use DPA miniature microphones with all professional UHF, VHF or digital wireless system available plus 48 V Phantom.
DPA 4099-B d:Vote Supercardioid Microphone for Acoustic Bass Features
- Superior gain-before-feedback
- Natural sound "" easy to blend with pick-up
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Mount has no impact on acoustic sound
- Detachable cable and versatile gooseneck extender
DPA 4099-B d:Vote Supercardioid Microphone for Acoustic Bass Specifications
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 80 Hz to 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10 to 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â±3 dB: 6 mV/Pa; -44.5 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): < 1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm, from DAD6001: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001
- Output balance principle: Signal balanced with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB at 50 Hz to 15 kHz with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Power supply: Min. 5 V to max. 50 V through DPA adapter for wireless systems; 48 V phantom power Â±4 V with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Current consumption: 1.5 mA; 3.5 mA with DAD6001 XLR adapter
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 33 g (1.16 oz)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage at MicroDot pin (and pin 2 on DAD6001 XLR adapter)
- Operating temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative humidity: Up to 90 %
- Gooseneck, length: 140 mm (5.5 in)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review