DPA 4004 High voltage 130V Omnidirectional Microphone
DPA 4004 High voltage 130V Omnidirectional MicrophoneDPA 4004 Omnidirectional Microphone Details
The 4004 is an omnidirectional hi-voltage (130 V) close miking specialist with an extended on-axis frequency response from 10 Hz to 40 kHz (Â±2 dB).
An ideal measurement mic, the 4004 is a reference condenser microphone specially designed to handle extremely high sound pressure levels - up to 168 dB SPL before clipping occurs.
It has an unbeatable dynamic range of 124 dB from the noise floor to 1% THD and an extended headroom of 20 dB up to clipping level due to the special hi-voltage powering system.
The 4004 is acoustically identical with the reference microphone Type 4007, but differs in the powering system and the fact that the 4004 has a transformerless output.
4004 is totally transparent and is the perfect choice in all close miking recording situations regardless of the sound source.
DPA 4004 Omnidirectional Microphone Features
- measurement microphone
- unbeatable dynamic range
- close miking recording situations regardless of the sound source
- specially designed to handle extremely high sound pressure levels
- Directional characteristics: Omnidirectional
- Principle of operation: Pressure
- Cartridge type: 12 mm (0.47 in) pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB: 10 Hz - 40 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â±2 dB: 10 mV/Pa; -40dB re. 1V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 24 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 36 dB (max. 38 dB)
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 70 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <0.5% up to 142 dB SPL peak, <1% up to 148 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 124 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 168 dB SPL peak (f<4 kHz)
- Output impedance: <75 ohm
- Cable drive capability: From microphone to HMA5000: Up to 20 m (6 ft) From HMA5000: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Power supply: 130 V through HMA5000
- Connector: 4-pin modified XLR-M (High Voltage)
- Weight: 150 g (5.29 oz)
- Capsule diameter: 12 mm (0.47 in)
- Microphone length: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- Operating temperature range: -40 to +55°C (-40 to 131°F)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review