DPA 2011A Twin Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone
DPA 2011A Twin Diaphragm Cardioid MicrophoneDPA 2011A Twin Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone Details
The new DPA 2011A microphone has strong references to the acclaimed close-miking and hi-SPL handling specialist DPA 4011 cardioid microphone â" not only by its type number 11, also in its all-round capture abilities.
2011 is primarily optimized for on-stage use and the technology combines the new Twin Diaphragm Capsule and DPAâ?s strong know-how within interference tube technology.
While 4011 has gained worldwide admiration for its total linearity at all sound confrontations, the 2011 is purposely aimed differently; the off-axis response is still linear but in a smaller frequency bandwidth making stage separation and gain-to-feedback higher and mic level easier to control.
2011A is part of the flexible DPA Reference Standard series. The 2011A with the MMP-A preamplifier is the audiophileâ?s choice with low distortion and total accurate and faithful sound, where the 2011C with the MMP-C compact preamplifier offers a subtle character alteration with a bit more â?bodyâ to the low end â" in addition to its easier-to-position approach.
At any time and with no tools necessary it is possible to transform the basic 2011 microphone into a new configuration by combining it with another DPA microphone capsule or preamp.
Twin Diaphragm Capsule: cutting edge technology
The overall distinctive sound image from the DPA miniatures is so well balanced that it meets the high demands of the DPA Reference Standard league.
In a 2011 capsule two opposite facing miniature capsules are custom re-built into a double diaphragm, one-capsule composition.
The use and control of interference tubes has become a DPA specialty and the 2011 is no exception; the capsules are loaded to the supreme Reference Standard preamps instead of the tiny miniature FET preamp from the 4060 miniature series, offering even more air and precision.
The 2011 has found its use on numerous stages and recording sessions. Exhibiting a previously unheard blend of clarity, richness and dynamic range, the 2011 performs like a much more exclusive microphone and redefines the term value for money.
DPA 2011A Twin Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone Features
- All-round workhorse â" blends clarity, richness and dynamics
- Twin-Diaphragm-Capsule and interference tube technologies
- Superb stage separation and level control
- Modular flexibility
DPA 2011A Twin Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone Specifications
- Directional pattern: Cardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient, with interference tube
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser, Twin Diaphragm Capsule
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, Â± 2 dB, at 30 cm: 50 Hz to 17 kHz with 3 dB soft boost at 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, Â± 2 dB at 1 kHz: 10 mV/Pa; -40 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 20 dB(A) re. 20 ÂµPa (max. 23 dB(A))
- Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 33 dB (max. 36 dB)
- S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 74 dB(A)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) at 1 kHz: < 1 % up to 137 dB SPL peak
- Minimum load impedance: 2 kohm
- Dynamic range: Typ. 117 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 153 dB
- Switchable attenuator: 0 dB / -20 dB
- Output impedance: < 200 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 100 m (328 ft)
- Output balance principle: Impedance balancing with Active Drive
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR): > 60 dB
- Power supply (for full specifications): 48 V Phantom power (Â± 4 V)
- Current consumption: 2.8 mA
- Connector: XLR-3M. Pin 1: shield, Pin 2: signal + phase, Pin 3: - phase
- Color: Matte black
- Microphone weight: 164 g (5.8 oz)
- Microphone diameter: 19 mm (0.75 in)
- Microphone length: 198 mm (7.8 in)
- Output voltage, RMS: > 5 V
- Polarity: +V at Pin 2 for positive sound pressure
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 45 °C (-40 °F to 113 °F)
- Relative Humidity (RH): Up to 90%
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review