dbx 1074 Noise Gate
The dbx 1074 Noise Gate provides you with four independent channels of noise gate capabilities in any combination including dual stereo, or two mono and one stereo. Advanced program adaptive circuitry ensures fast attack times to preserve the character of percussive sounds and incredibly smooth release that wont chop off reverb tails or decaying guitar chords.
The dbx 1074 Noise Gate is the latest addition to the dbx 10 Series products. The perfect companion to the dbx 1066 and dbx 1046 Compressors, the dbx 1074 Noise Gate offers 4 channels of gating with threshold, depth and release controls on each channel. The dbx 1074 Noise Gate, like the rest of the products in dbx 10 Series, is based on the legendary dbx V2 VCA and offers XLR inputs and outputs, and 1/4 side-chain input. In addition to an external key input per channel, the dbx 1074 Noise Gate also has an internal filter that can be independently activated and controlled on a channel-per-channel basis. This filter allows the dbx 1074 Noise Gate to not only clean up tracks, but gives you frequency selective control on each gate, to open exactly when you want it to. These features combined, make the dbx 1074 Noise Gate an absolute must for those who require quad gating on applications including: Gating dry and percussive sounds such as snare drum and kick drum,gating sounds that have longer decay times such as cymbals and Pianos, gating hum or buzz from live instruments or recorded tracks or eliminating Headphone leakage into microphones. Gating instrument microphones to eliminate amplifier bleed.
From the company that has been redefining the standard of signal processing for more than 30 years, dbx® Professional Products comes a bulletproof product that caters to the scrutinizing needs of those who require the precision noise gating capabilities. Once again, the engineering staff at dbx® Professional Products have taken technology that has been over three decades in the making and have created a product that is flexible, versatile and rock solid in construction design. The dbx 1074 Noise Gates independent channel design with key filtering capabilities make it the perfect tool for countless applications.
dbx 1074 Noise Gate Features
- Four independent channels of gating
- Independent key filtering
- Independent Threshold and Release controls
- Differentially balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4" inputs and outputs
- True RMS level detection
- Stereo Coupling mode
- Switchable +4dBu or -10dBv operation per channel
dbx 1074 Noise Gate Specifications
- Input Connectors: XLR (Pin 2 and tip hot)
- Input Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Input Impedance: Balanced > 50 kOhm, unbalanced >25 kOhm
- Max Input: > +22 dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR: 40dB: Typically >55 dB at 1 kHz
- Key Input: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF fitered Balanced 50kOhm, unbalanced > 25 kOhm
- Output Connectors: XLR (Pin 2 hot)
- Output Type: Servo-balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Output Impedance: Balanced 60 Ohm, unbalanced 30 Ohm
- Max Output: > +22 dBm balanced, > +20 dBm unbalanced
- Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0/-0.5 dB
- Frequency Response: 0.35 Hz to 200 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Noise: < -96 dBu, unweighted, 22 kHz measurement bandwidth
- Dynamic Range: > 115 dB, unweighted
- THD+Noise: 0.008% typical at +4 dBu (1 kHz unity gain), 0.08% typical at +20 dBu (1 kHz unity gain), < 0.1% any amount of compression up to 40 dB, 1 kHz
- Interchannel Crosstalk: < -80dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Stereo Coupling: True RMS Power Summing
- Operating Voltage: 100-120 VAC 50-60 Hz or 200-240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 30 Watts
- Fuse: 100-120 VAC:250 mA Slow Blow, 200-240 VAC:125 mA Type T
- Power Connector: IEC receptacle
- Net Weight: 6.9 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 9.3 lbs.
dbx 1074 Noise Gate Includes
- dbx 1074 Noise Gate
- AC Power Cord
- Operation Manual
- Warranty Registration Card
- 4 Rack Mount Screws and Washers
dbx 1074 Noise Gate Downloads
PLEASE NOTE - Input and Output of the dbx 1074 are XLR ONLY - the Key Input is TRS. Please reference the rear photo by clicking on the image above for more clarification.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review