DACS Test Lab
The DACS Test Lab was conceived in the field by DAS' specialist installation engineers. It was developed in the DACS workshop by the design team behind the range of respected DACS Audio products. The Test Lab is designed for engineers, to provide swift but rigorous fault investigation, using fundamental testing routines.
The original test-box which became the DACS Test Lab was literally home-grown originally just the oscillator and cable tester, it was built to address the particular tests we needed to solve the technical issues which arose during DACS Ltd installation/live sound projects. We called it our anti-panic device. To optimise the Test Lab we listened to other audio professionals, brainstormed more suggested features, and refined those we'd already included. The final result is a feature-packed but portable product which tells you all you need to know in those situations you'd rather never happened. The SNR of useful information to interfering information is off the charts.
DACS Test Lab Features
- Cable Integrity - tests signal path, connections and wiring both locally and remote for phono, TRS jack, XLR, and Speakon (with 26dB pad). The incoming signal level is indicated by a 10 LED bar graph; the signal content can be auditioned for anomalies on the built-in loudspeaker.
- Cable Connectors - tests for correct pin wiring either on the box or with remote plug, automatically cycling through the connections to reveal reversals, shorts and open contacts.
- Signal Generation - can send variable level tone (70Hz, 1kHz and 4.5kHz and repeating sequence of all three) or Pink Noise to external units and loudspeakers.
- Power Test - the IEC mains input can be used to power the unit but doubles as a mains tester indicating the presence and voltage (110VAC and 230VAC± 10%) of a live input.
- Illumination - Lid light (white for detail, or red to maintain night vision) for soldering or checking connectors; front torch.
- Bells and whistles - None. We prefer just an easy-to-read multi-purpose led array which provides essential engineering information in an instant.
- Physical - Rugged construction, nonslip base, mains or battery operation, and just the right size (L 6.6 inches, W 5.1 inches, H 2.3 inches)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review