Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone
The Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone utilizes pressure zone technology for soundwave reinforcement in the area nearest a flat surface. It picks up sounds at distances with clarity. Featuring mid-impedance phone connector type output, the Sound Grabber perfectly fits cameras and recorders.
The Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone is a pressure zone microphone for budget applications such as recording conferences and speeches. It works great with camcorders, picking up clearer sound than built-in microphones. Other uses include "no-fuss" music recording just place it on the floor near the musical ensemble.
The Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone is an updated version of the original Sound Grabber. It utilizes the same Pressure Zone Microphone® technology in which soundwaves reinforce themselves in the area nearest a fl at surface, usually referred to as the boundary.
Top recording engineers all over the world are using professional versions of the Crown PZM® (Pressure Zone Microphone) to improve the quality of their recordings. The Crown Sound Grabber II is one version of that technology, designed to meet the needs of the home or business recordist and bring the benefits of PZM technology within the reach of many more people. Because of this new technology, the Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone offers you the opportunity for vast improvement in the quality of your recordings.
The Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone will pick up sounds at distances you never thought possible and it will pick them up with a clarity that other microphones, because of the limitations of their construction, simply cannot match.
The Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone does not need to follow the action, since it has a wide-angle pickup pattern. So long as the mic "sees" the sound, in whatever direction or angle, it will pick it up clearly; it does not need to be between you and the other person. Speakers or vocalists can move freely around the Crown Sound Grabber II without their tone quality changing.
Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone Features
- PZM design makes the sound clearer and more natural
- Ideal for recording conferences, interviews, home videos
- AAA battery powered microphone
- Medium-impedance unbalanced output
- 1/4" phone, 3.5mm phone, or 2.5 mm phone connector
Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure Zone Microphone
- Transducer: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response (Typical): 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Hemispherical (half-omni) on a large surface
- Impedance: 1600 ohms, unbalanced
- Open-Circuit Sensitivity (Typical): 20 mV/Pa* (""54 dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: -42 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD
- Operating Voltage: One 1.5V size AAA alkaline battery
- Battery Life: Approximately 45 days
- Current Drain: 0.5 mA
- Material: High-impact plastic housing
- Finish: Satin black
- Net Weight: 4 ounces (115 gm)
Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone Includes
- Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone
- 1.5V AAA Battery
- 1 Year Warranty
Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone Downloads
- Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone Owners Manual (PDF)
- Crown Sound Grabber II Boundary Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review