Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone
The Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone is a pressure zone microphone designed for applications such as group discussions, interviews, broadcast and home video production. Powered by either an internal AAA 1.5V battery or 12-48V phantom power, the PZM-185 provides a wide, smooth frequency response and is protected against static and RFI.
The Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone is ideal for applications such as conferences, group discussions, interviews, broadcast, home video production, lectures, and recordings. The Crown PZM-185 Microphone can be placed on a large surface such as a table, floor, wall, or lectern.
The Crown PZM-185 Microphone is powered either by an internal AAA 1.5V battery or 12-48V phantom power. The boundary "paddle" can be detached so the mic will fit in your pocket. Attached to the mic is an 8-foot (2.438-m) cable leading to a tubular power module.
Its low profile design reduces "mic fright" and minimizes clutter. It is nearly invisible on camera and minimizes pickup of vibration and handling noise. Its electret condenser capsule provides a wide, smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 16 kHz. The mic's hemispherical polar pattern allows clear pickup of everyone surrounding the microphone.
The Crown PZM-185 Microphone is protected against static and RFI. The output is balanced, low impedance, which allows long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. Like other Pressure Zone Microphones, the Crown PZM-185 Microphone uses a miniature mic capsule mounted very near a sound-reflecting plate or boundary in the Pressure Zone. In this zone, direct sound from the sound source combines in phase at all frequencies with reflected sound off the boundary. The benefits are many: 6 dB more sensitivity, 6 dB less noise, a wide smooth frequency response free of phase interference, excellent clarity and "reach", and consistent pickup anywhere around the microphone.
Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone Features
- Hemispherical polar pattern for clear, intelligible pickup of speech
- Universal power concept - works with battery of phantom power
- Low impedance, XLR-type output
- No hum pickup or high frequency loss
- Boundary "paddle" can be detached
- Clear, bright sound quality with excellent bass
Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure Zone Microphone
- Transducer: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response (Typical): 50 Hz to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Hemispherical (half-omni) on a large surface
- Impedance: 150 ohms, balanced
- Open-Circuit Sensitivity (Typical): 0.8 mV/Pa* (""62dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: -59.5 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 73 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD
- Operating Voltage: One 1.5V size AAA alkaline battery, 12 to 48V phantom power
- Battery Life: Approximately 45 days
- Current Drain: 0.5 mA
- Material: High-impact plastic housing and steel power module
- Finish: Satin black
- Net Weight: 4 ounces (115 gm)
Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone Includes
- PZM-185 Boundary Microphone
- 1.5V AAA Battery
- 3 Years Warranty
Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone Downloads
- Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone Owners Manual (PDF)
- Crown PZM-185 Boundary Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review