Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone
The Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone is a pressure zone mic with Line Output designed for conference-room, security and surveillance applications. It can be mounted in the ceiling or wall in a standard electrical outlet box. Providing excellent intelligibility, the PZM-11LL is designed to look like a light switch so as not to draw attention.
The Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone is a professional boundary layer microphone designed for security and surveillance applications. The Crown PZM-11LL is characterized by a consistent pickup anywhere around the mic. Low frequencies below the voice range are rolled off to reduce the pickup of heating, ventilation or air-conditioning rumble (HVAC noise). The high-frequency response is boosted slightly to aid clarity and articulation. The PZM-11LL has a line-level output and is powered by by 24V AC, 12-24V DC, or 12-48V phantom power. Electronics on the rear of the plate offer screw terminals, eliminating the need for connectors.
Like other Pressure Zone Microphones, the Crown PZM-11LL utilizes the Pressure Recording Process in which a miniature condenser microphone capsule is mounted very close to a sound-reflecting plate or boundary. The capsule is mounted in the "Pressure Zone" just above the boundary, a region where sound coming directly from the sound source combines in-phase with sound reflected off the boundary. The benefits are a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference, excellent clarity and "reach", and consistant pickup anywhere around the microphone.
In the Crown PZM-11LL, low frequencies below the voice range are rolled off to reduce pickup of air-conditioning rumble. The high-frequency response is boosted slightly to aid clarity and articulation.
The microphone connector is a row of screw terminals for easy installation. The output is balanced, low impedance, which allows long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss.
Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone Features
- Ideal for security, surveillance and conference rooms
- Clear, articulate sound
- Low-impedance screw-terminal output
- Inconspicuous microphone
- Line-level output
Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure Zone Microphone
- Element: Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response: 80 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Hemispherical
- Impedance: 75 ohms, balanced; Recommended load impedance: 100 ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: 1.4V/Pa
- Power Sensitivity: +8 dBm/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level (Self-Noise): 26 dB SPL typical, A-weighted
- S/N Ratio: 68 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 100 dB SPL produces 3% THD
- Output Connecter: Three screw terminals, 1=ground, 2=audio hot (in polarity), 3=audio cold (opposite polarity)
- Operating Voltage: 24V AC, 12-14V DC
- Current Drain: 4 mA
- Finish: Off-white, may be painted any color
- Net Weight: 2.5 oz
Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone Includes
- PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone
- 3 Years Warranty
Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone Downloads
- Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone Owners Manual (PDF)
- Crown PZM-11LL Boundary Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review