Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone
The Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone is a pressure zone mic with Line Output designed for security, surveillance, and conference-table use. Because of its tailored response and PZM construction, this inconspicuous mic has a very clear, intelligible pickup of speech and a line-level output.
The Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone is inconspicuous because it does not look like a microphone. It's tubular housing mounts in a 25/32-inch diameter hole in a ceiling panel, wall or table. The Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone has a line-level output from its unterminated cable and it requires 12 to 24V DC.
Like other Pressure Zone Microphones, the Crown PZM-10LL uses a miniature mic capsule mounted very near a sound-reflecting plate or boundary, in the Pressure Zone. In this zone, direct sound from the sound source combines in phase at all frequencies with reflected sound off the boundary. The benefits are many: 6 dB more sensitivity, 6 dB less noise, a wide smooth frequency response free of phase interference, excellent clarity and "reach," and consistent pickup anywhere around the mic.
Frequencies below the voice range are rolled off to reduce pickup of air conditioning rumble. The high-frequency response is boosted slightly to help articulation. Because of its tailored response and PZM construction, Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone will pick up conversations or other desired sounds with extra clarity and definition. The output is balanced, low impedance, which allows long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. Its humbucking transformer and steel case prevent hum pickup, even near fluorescent lights.
Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone Features
- Pressure Zone Microphone for security and surveillance
- Clear, intelligible pickup of speech
- Choice of line-level output
- Inconspicous, resembles a light switch
- Powered by 12-24V DC
Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure Zone Microphone
- Transducer: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response (Typical): 100 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Hemispherical
- Impedance: 75 ohms, balanced
- Open-Circuit Sensitivity (Typical): 1.4 mV/Pa (43dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: +8 dB re 1 mW/Pa
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD
- Operating Voltage: 12-24 volts DC
- Current Drain: 2.8 mA at 12V DC, 4.22 mA at 24V DC
- Material: Steel plate and housing
- Finish: Off-white. May be painted any color
- Net Weight: 3.3 ounces (93.9 gm)
Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone Includes
- PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone
- 3 Years Warranty
Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone Downloads
- Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone Owners Manual (PDF)
- Crown PZM-10LL Boundary Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review