Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone
The Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone is a pressure zone mic designed for security, surveillance, and conference-table use. With high sensitivity and a wide smooth frequency response, the PZM-10 delivers excellent clarity and offers a consistent pickup anywhere around the mic.
The Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone's special housing design allows it to be mounted into tables, walls or ceilings easily and inconspicuously. Since it does not look like a microphone, the Crown PZM-10 is inconspicuous. It's tubular housing mounts in a 25/32-inch diameter hole in a ceiling panel, wall or table. The Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone has a mic-level output and a 3-pin XLR-type connector for easy plug-in installation. The mic requires 12 to 48V phantom power.
Like other Pressure Zone Microphones, the Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone uses a miniature mic capsule mounted very near a sound-reflecting plate or boundary, in the Pressure Zone. In this zone, direct sound from the sound source combines in phase at all frequencies with reflected sound off the boundary. The benefits are many: 6 dB more sensitivity, 6 dB less noise, a wide smooth frequency response free of phase interference, excellent clarity and "reach," and consistent pickup anywhere around the mic.
Frequencies below the voice range are rolled off to reduce pickup of air conditioning rumble. The high-frequency response is boosted slightly to help articulation. Because of its tailored response and PZM construction, the Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone will pick up conver-sations or other desired sounds with extra clarity and defi nition. The output is balanced, low impedance, which allows long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. Its humbucking transformer and steel case prevent hum pickup, even near fluorescent lights.
Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone Features
- Pressure Zone Microphone for security and surveillance
- Clear, intelligible pickup of speech
- Choice of mic level output
- Powered by 12-48V phantom power
Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Type: Pressure Zone Microphone
- Transducer: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response (Typical): 80 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Hemispherical
- Impedance: 240 ohms, balanced
- Open-Circuit Sensitivity (Typical): 2.5 mV/Pa (43dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: 52 dB re 1 mW/Pa. EIA sensitivity 135 dBm
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 68 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD
- Operating Voltage: Phantom power, 12-48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1
- Current Drain: 400 mA
- Cable: Use 2-conductor shielded mic cable
- Material: Steel plate and housing
- Finish: Off-white. May be painted any color
- Net Weight: 2.6 ounces (73.6 gm)
Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone Includes
- PZM-10 Boundary Microphone
- 3 Years Warranty
Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone Downloads
- Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone Owners Manual (PDF)
- Crown PZM-10 Boundary Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review