Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone
The Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone is a professional boundary layer microphone with supercardioid polar pattern to minimize background noise and feedback. Designed for use on boardroom tables or lecterns, the PCC-170 provides a bass-tilt switch, allowing the user to tailor the low-end response and reduce subsonic noise.
The Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone is a surface-mounted supercardioid microphone of professional quality. This handsomely styled unit is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern. Other applications include churches, courtrooms and council chambers.
Because of its highly directional pickup pattern, the Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone minimizes background noise and feedback. The microphone reproduces the voice with a clean, clear and natural sound. Since the microphone capsule is placed on a boundary or surface, direct and refl ected sounds arrive at the diaphragm in-phase. This coherent addition of direct and refl ected waves increases sensitivity 6 dB and prevents phase cancellations. The mic capsule is small enough to ensure phase coherency up to the highest frequencies in the audible spectrum, resulting in a wide, smooth frequency response free of phase interference. Clarity and reach are also enhanced.
Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line preamp. Powered by 12-48V phantom power, the Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone has a low-impedance mic-level balanced output which permits long cable runs without hum pickup or high-frequency loss. Although the standard connector option is a Switchcraft TB3M, the microphone can be special-ordered with a 0.25-in. (0.635-cm) stereo phone plug on the bottom of the base plate as the PCC-170SPP.
The Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone is finished in off-white to blend with church altars and other surroundings where the lighter color is appropriate. RFI suppression is included. Self-noise is low and sensitivity is very high. A bass-tilt switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications.
Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone Features
- Perfect for multimiking applications in teleconferencing, distance learning, boardrooms and courtrooms
- Phase Coherent Cardioid design prevents coloration from surface sound reflections
- Half-supercardioid polar pattern reduces ambient noise and room reverberation
- Small and inconspicuous
- A low profile microphone having rugged structure
Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone Specifications
- Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid
- Element: Electret condenser
- Frequency Response (Typical): 50 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Half-supercardioid (supercardioid in the hemisphere above the primary boundary)
- Impedance: 150 ohms (nominal), balanced (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater)
- Open-Circuit Sensitivity (Typical): 22 mV/Pa (33dB re 1 volt/Pa)
- Power Sensitivity: 30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa. EIA rating 125 dBm
- Equivalent Noise Level (Self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB=0.0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 72 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL at 3% THD
- Operating Voltage: Phantom power, 12-48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1
- Current Drain: 4 mA nominal
- Connector: Switchcraft TB3M
- Cable: 15-foot, black, 2-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M connectors
- Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh grille
- Finish: PCC-170: black. PCC-170W: off-white
- Net Weight: 6 ounces (170 gm)
Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone Includes
- PCC-170 Boundary Microphone
- Mini XLR to XLR Cable
- 3 Years Warranty
Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone Downloads
- Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone Owners Manual (PDF)
- Crown PCC-170 Boundary Microphone Data Sheet (PDF)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review