Crane Song Flamingo Stereo Discrete Class A Preamp
Crane Song FLAMINGO Stereo Discrete Class A Preamp
Crane Song Flamingo Stereo Discrete Class A Preamp Details
The Crane Song FLAMINGO, is a high quality 2 channel discrete class A microphone pre-amp. It can be operated as a musically transparent pre-amplifier, but is capable of emulating vintage sounds as well as creating distinctive new ones.
The input gain is selected by a stepped switch for gain matching and repeatability. This is followed by a continuously variable attenuator to provide gain trim. Gain is adjustable in 6 db steps to 66 db gain and down to off by the attenuator.
Each channel has independently switchable phase and phantom power switches.
FLAMINGO also contains a 2 channel 22 element VU meter with an over load indicator to allow accurate monitoring and ease of level adjustment.
Unique to FLAMINGO are three switches that allow the user to select different sounds; these are the
IRON, SOUND and TONE switches. By using these switches FLAMINGO can produce many different sounds. The SOUND switch changes the type of amplifier and the IRON switch puts iron in the audio path. The TONE switch, a 3 position switch allows for standard - (original Flamingo sound) when the switch is in the center position, when moved to the right, Flamingo operates as a transparent preamp, and when the switch is in the left most position, It has more color.
Also added to Flamingo is an input impedance switch. Providing 2 choices, the first is the original Flamingo; the second is to match large diaphragm condenser mics as recommended by David Bock, of Bock Audio.
FLAMINGO has transformer-less balanced inputs and outputs. The unit is 1 rack space tall and operates from 100V, 115V, 230V or 240V mains.
FLAMINGO is designed to be flexible and give the user a tool to solve real world recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement problems. It can provide an artistic choice of sounds at the flip of a switch.
Crane Song Flamingo Stereo Discrete Class A Preamp Features
- INPUT: The maximum input level for the Flamingo is +18 dBm with the unit"?s gain set at 6 db. The input is balanced with pin 2 being signal positive and pin 3 signal negative. The input connector is a XLR connector.
- OUTPUT: The maximum output level for Flamingo is +25 dBm. The XLR connector is wired with pin 2 hot or signal "+", pin 3 signal negative and pin 1 signal ground. If it is necessary to run the output unbalanced, tie pin 3 to pin 1 at the XLR connector.
- POWER: Flamingo can run on 4 different line voltages. Please have voltage and fuse changed by a qualified technician. The two voltage selection switches are located inside the unit near the power connector. The unit MUST BE UNPLUGGED when changing voltage.
Crane Song Flamingo Stereo Discrete Class A Preamp Specifications
- VOLTAGE AND FUSE TYPE: 100, 120, 230, 240 volt; 50/60 Hz; 45 watts
- MDL .5A Fuse for 100V and 120V
- MDL .25A Fuse for 230V and 240V
- Pilot Lamp: # 7335
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs. (8.6 kg)
- Depth Behind Panel: 10 inches (31.75 cm) plus cabling
- Panel Height: 1 rack space
Crane Song Flamingo Stereo Discrete Class A Preamp Downloads
Cranesong products are produced in a "small batch" fashion and certain pieces may require a short wait while others are ready to ship right away. Regardless, what you receive in the end is well worth any wait! So, be sure to plan ahead of that next project and give us a call "" We"?ll make sure that you are taken care of.
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review