Crane Song Flamingo Preamp
Front End Audio acquires previously owned gear through our Buy-Back program. You can purchase used gear at a great price but there are no manufacturer warranties with these items. These items have been inspected and/or tested by our staff to make sure each one is in working condition and comes with our commitment to service. This Flamingo came from a pro studio and works great. It is missing the original manufacturers product box but we will package it safely for transport.
The Crane Song Flamingo Preamp is designed to be flexible and give the user a tool to solve real world recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement problems. It can provide an artistic choice of sounds at the flip of a switch.
The Crane Song Flamingo is a high quality two-channel discrete Class A Microphone Preamp that can be operated as a musically transparent preamp or in a flip is capable of emulating vintage sounds tones. The input gain is selected by a stepped switch for gain matching and repeatability. This is followed by a continuously variable attenuator to provide gain trim. Gain is adjustable in 6 db steps to 66 db gain and down to off by the attenuator. Each channel has independently switchable phase and phantom power switches. The Crane Song FLAMINGO also contains a two channel 22 element VU meter with an over load indicator to allow accurate monitoring and ease of level adjustment.
Unique to Crane Song FLAMINGO are three switches that allow the user to select different sounds; these are the IRON, SOUND and TONE switches. The SOUND switch changes the type of amplifier and the IRON switch puts iron in the audio path. The TONE switch, a 3 position switch, allows for standard - (the original Flamingo sound) when the switch is in the center position, when moved to the right, the Crane Song Flamingo operates as a transparent preamp, and when the switch is in the left most position, it has more color. Needless to say, by using these switches Crane Song FLAMINGO can produce many different combinations of sounds.
Also added to Crane Song Flamingo is an input impedance switch. Providing 2 choices, the first is the original Flamingo; the second is to match large diaphragm condenser mics as recommended by David Bock, of Bock Audio. It also has transformer-less balanced inputs and outputs.
Crane Song Flamingo Preamp Features
- High quality two channel discrete class A microphone pre-amp
- Capable of emulating vintage sounds as well as creating distinctive new ones
- Gain is adjustable in 6 db steps to 66 db gain and down to off by the attenuator
- 3 Switches (IRON, SOUND, TONE) that allow the user to select different sounds
- Contains a 2 channel 22 element VU meter with an over load indicator to allow accurate monitoring and ease of level adjustment
- Flexible and give the user a tool to solve real world recording, broadcast, and sound reinforcement problems
- Provides an artistic choice of sounds at the flip of a switch
Crane Song Flamingo Preamp Specifications
- Maximum Input Level: +18 dBm at 6 dB Gain
- Maximum Output Level: +25 dBm
- Maximum Gain: 66 dB
- Input Impedance: 8.5K Ohms
- Pilot Lamp: # 7335
- Depth Behind Panel: 10 inches (31.75 cm) Plus Cabling
- Panel Height: 1 Rack Space
- Power Requirements:
- Volts: 100, 120, 230, 240; 50/60 Hz; 45 Watts
- Fuse Type: MDL .5A Fuse for 100V & 120V, MDL .25A Fuse for 230V & 240V
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs. (8.6 kg)
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review