Millennia NSEQ-2 Stereo Parametric Equalizer
Front End Audio acquires previously owned gear through our Buy-Back program. You can purchase used gear at a great price but there are no manufacturer warranties with these items. These items have been inspected and/or tested by our staff to make sure each one is in working condition and comes with our commitment to service. This Forssell Modified NSEQ-2 looks and functions just like new and come with the manuals and power cable.
The Millennia NSEQ-2 Parametric Equalizer is a truly unique stereo parametric equalizer with unprecedented sonic purity & integrity, featuring two possible paths to equalization perfection. True to Millennia's form, the NSEQ-2 is a minimalist design: only one active stage in the audio path. Choose the NSEQ-2 when you need lots of pure but very musical equalization, but also need lots of flexibility when you have to get it right, now!
This used Millennia NSEQ-2 includes the added upgrade of the installed Forssell Technologies Mod Board. Forssell Technologies Inc replacement board will provide the following improvements over the stock NSEQ:
This replacement is a good idea if you find yourself primarily using the JFET circuitry of your EQ. If you find that you often use the vacuum tube circuitry on the EQ, then you probably should not install this upgrade PCB. Removal of zener diode limiters placed on the output of the stock unit. Removal of the JFET muting circuit at the output of the stock unit. Balanced input standard (instead of optional). Input mode can be switched between balanced or single-ended from front panel. True hardwire bypass of all active circuitry when the unit is switched out.
Millennia NSEQ-2 Stereo Parametric Equalizer Features
- Amount of maximum boost/cut is set by internal jumpers from +/- 18dB, +/-12 dB, or +/10 dB (high range), and +/- 10 dB or +/- 6 dB (low range).
- Vastly improved power supply treatment and bypassing results in improved sonic quality with silkier highs, more robust and cleaner mid-range, and deeper more extended lows.
- Uses the latest generations of Forssell Technologies Inc improved Class A discrete JFET operational amplifiers.
- Main amplifiers are on plug-in sockets for easy upgrade and serviceability. Surface mount components using the latest thin-film and tantalum-nitride resistors for highest quality sonic performance.
- Fully parametric stereo EQ with unprecedented sonic purity & integrity
- Minimalist design: only one active stage in the audio path
- Four EQ bands: 20 Hz to 20 kHz center frequency, 0.4 to 4.0 Q
- Extremely low noise: -106 dBu
- Constructed for demanding professional applications
- Ultra-Premium components throughout
- Gold relays, connectors, switches, tube sockets
- Silver Teflon power wiring
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
Millennia NSEQ-2 Stereo Parametric Equalizer Specifications
- "Q" Range
- Q = 0.4 to 4.0 Adjustable on middle ranges
- Q = 1.0 Fixed on low & high ranges
- Maximum Output Level: > + 28 dBu (VT)
- Maximum Input Level (EQ Flat): + 28 dBu (VT)
- Maximum Input Level (EQ Full Boost): + 17 dBu (VT)
- Frequency Response: +0 / -3 dB: sub 2 Hz to beyond 300 kHz
- Frequency Response, Stereo Deviation: < .15 dB
- Noise (All EQ Stages In, Controls Flat): -106 dBu (SS), -94 dBu (VT)
- Maximum Boost (21 Step Detented): +20 dB (+10 dB with range switch in)
- Maximum Cut (21 Step Detented): -20 dB (-10 dB with range switch in)
- EQ Frequencies
- Low Range Switch (Centers - Peak/Shelf Selectable): 20, 34, 56, 100, 180, 270
- Low Mid Sweep: 20 Hz - 220 Hz or 200 Hz - 2.2 kHz. - 10X Range switch selectable.
- Hi Mid Sweep: 250 Hz - 2.5 kHz or 2.5 kHz - 25 kHz. - 10X Range switch selectable.
- High Range Switch (Centers - Peak/Shelf Selectable): 4.8 k, 5.8 k, 8.0 k, 10 k, 16 k, 21 k
- THD + Noise: 20 Hz - 30 kHz, All EQ Bands Switched In: < .009%, typ < .003 % (VT or SS)
- Common Mode Rejection Ratio (With Balanced Option): 10 Hz - 20 KHz, 100 mV C.M.: > 60 dB, Typ > 80 dB
- Slew Rate, +27 dBu Out: > 50 volts per microsecond
- Main Hard-wire Bypass Switch For Each Channel? Yes
- Peak/Shelf Selection On High & Low Range? Yes
- Hard-wire Bypass Switching On Individual EQ Bands? Yes
- Input Impedance: 25 kilohms
- Minimum Output Load Impedance: 1 kilohm (VT), 150 ohms (SS)
- Recommended Load: > 3 kilohms (VT)
- Output Impedance: < 300 ohms (VT), < 5 ohms (SS)
- Power Consumption: 40 watts maximum
- Power Requirements
- Selectable: 100-120, 200-240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions/Shipping Weight: 19" W x 3.5" H x 12.5", 26 lbs.
Millennia NSEQ-2 Stereo Parametric Equalizer Includes
- NSEQ-2 Stereo Parametric Equalizer
- Forssell Technologies Mod Board (Preinstalled, original board NOT included)
- IEC Power Cable
- Manuals for the NSEQ-2 and Forssell Mod
What We Think
The Forssell Technologies Mod Board is really surprising. Not only does it provide a smooth musical sound (while not sacrificing balance and detail), it sound quite dimensional and open. The tone this EQ provides lends itself to truly shaping by ear. When testing the unit, I ran several full mixes (as well as drum, guitar, and vocal buses) though it. I immediately found myself with my eyes closed, hearing and feeling the music - as I made adjustment. And, I found it extremely easy to dial in the light contours to get the most out of the mixes.
- Ryan, Pro Audio Sales
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review