Coles 4038 Matched Stereo Pair
The Coles 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone was designed by the BBC as a broadcast recording microphone with exceptionally flat frequency response from 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz.
Coles 4038 Matched Stereo Pair Details
The Coles 4038 Matched Stereo Pair from Front End Audio provides you with a classic recording system beloved by many a professional engineer for it's linear frequency response and smooth ribbon sound. The Coles 4038 Matched Stereo Pair is a must for drum room recording.
The Coles 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone, originally known as the STC 4038 as it was produced by Standard Telephone and Cables (STC) was designed by the BBC in 1953 to server as a broadcast recording microphone with exceptionally flat frequency response from 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz. The manufacturing shifted over to Coles Electroacoustics in the 1970s. However, the 4038's technical specifications and build have remained unchanged since the 1950s.
The Coles 4038 provides a natural, smooth sonic quality and textured response to the sound signal. The Coles 4069 XLR Connector and Coles G&M Rigid Mic-Mount are supplied with the microphone. From distorted guitar to classic grand piano describes the widely diverse applications in which this microphone is used. Many of the leading record producers use this classic mic in any number of applications. The 4038 has become one of the primary tools of choice throughout the recording industry.
And to aid you in the studio with your new matched pair of Coles 4038, Front End Audio includes both a Mogami Gold Studio Quad Microphone Cable and if you want to ensure the best possible safe impedance matching and level enhancement available, we offer the superb transformer-isolated Mogaine Ribbon Mic "Pre" Preamp.
Coles 4038 Matched Stereo Pair Features
- Substantially flat frequency response from 30 to 15,000 c/s
- Extremely low (non-linear) distortion
- Exceptionally low hum pick-up
- Bi-directional (figure of eight) polar curve shape accurately
- maintained in both horizontal and vertical planes
- Excellent transient response
- Natural clear balanced response to sound signal
- Body shape to enhance acoustic performance
- Clear natural high fidelity sound reproduction
- Smooth sonic textured response
Coles 4038 Matched Stereo Pair Specifications
- Ribbon: Low mass damped ribbon to control transient response
- Polar Response: Bi-directional
- Magnetic Fields: By use of hum neutralising wiring and magnetic shielding of the toroidal ribbon to line transformer 30 to 40 dB reduction is achieved in response to stray disturbing magnetic fields
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz to 15,000 Hz - All microphones factory tested in free field conditions
- Impedance: 300 ohm
- Sensitivity: -65 dB W.R.T. IV/Pa
- Distortion: Less than 1% at 125 dB SPL
- Connection: By means of 4069 3 pin jack plug. Pin 1 positive - Pin 2 negative - Pin 3 screen
- Body Housing: Made of heavy gauge perforated brass backed by finely woven monel mesh. Rotating hinge connection allows microphone to tilt through 90° and turned in any direction when either suspended or free standing
- Dimensions: 7Â¼" (197 mm) x 3Â¼" (83 mm) x (61 mm).
- Weight: 2 lb. 6 oz. (1.08 Kg).
- Finish: Black stove enamel textured paint
- Packaging: Each microphone comes in a foam lined rigid plastic carrying case with 4069 jack plug, and soft cloth protective bag, for safe keeping.
- 4069 XLR Connectors
- Rigid Mic-mounts
- Soft cloth protective bags
- Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
Optional Coles 4038 Accessories
- 4069 to XLR and Rigid Mic Mount (included)
- 4072 Antivibration mic to stand adaptor
- Soft cloth protective bag (included)
- Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case (included)
- 4071B Mic to stand adaptor with XLR (discontinued)
Coles 4038 Studio Ribbon Microphone Downloads
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review