CharterOak SCL-1 Limiter
The CharterOak SCL-1 Limiter is an award winning limited that will provide a constant output level regardless of input level or frequency and without the familiar pumping and gasping effect that is inherent in most compressors and limiters.
This can be attributed to the design of the circuit, which combines the features of waveform differentiation and integration. This allows for fast attack times without overcompensation and a release characteristic that is a function of dynamic range and average program level. The CharterOak SCL-1 achieves this by employing a rectifier circuit that possesses a parabolic average charge curve. The end result of the circuit is a quick release that releases to a continually changing average level, which is determined by the parabolic charge curve of the storage capacitors. The CharterOak SCL-1 circuit design is straight forward, and employs NO MAGIC BLACK BOXES OR OTHER WALLET SHRINKING COMPONENTS. All of the components used in the design of the CharterOak SCL-1 are readily available items and are employed in a manner so as to provide plenty of headroom for years of reliable operation.
The CharterOak SCL-1 is designed to fit any standard 19" rack. The unit may be used as a stereo unit, or as two independent limiters in the dual mode. This feature enables the end user to employ the device in one or two track production applications.Do not be afraid to drive the SCL-1, even with classical music formats. It WILL NOT pump or gasp.
The CharterOak SCL-1 Limiter is delivered with a lifetime warranty on all parts and labor and easy access to factory technical support.
CharterOak SCL-1 Limiter Specifications
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-22kHz
- Harmonic Distortion: Less then 1% with 20dB of gain reduction @ +20dBm output
- Maximum Output: +22 dBm
- Signal to Noise Ration: -85dB referenced to +10dBm
- Attack Time: Adjustable from 100us to 5ms
- Hold Time: Less than 2ms. Unit provides a soft clip. (Less than 3% total harmonic distortion @ 3dB clip)
- Release Time: Adjustable from 20ms to 2 seconds
- Cross Talk: -90dB
- Input Impedance: 600 Ohms balanced
- Output Impedance: 600 Ohms balanced
- Sync Tracking Control circuits are matched to within less than .25dB over the entire gain reduction range Power Requirements 117VAC or 230 VAC
CharterOak PEQ-1 Equalizer Includes
- CharterOak SCL-1 Limiter
- Power Cable
- Lifetime Warranty
No review yet, Be first to Write a Review