Centrance MicPort Pro USB Audio Interface
The Centrance MicPort Pro USB Audio Interface is the easiest way to capture a professional-quality vocal take, or record studio-grade instrument samples.
The Centrance MicPort Pro USB Audio Interface is the easiest way to capture a professional-quality vocal take, communicate with clarity over Skype or record studio-grade instrument samples. Much more than a simple XLR to USB adapter, the MicPort Pro is the only portable mic preamp with a built-in, 24bit/96kHz, broadcast-quality A/D converter - a CEntrance exclusive. It captures the cleanest signal, making it an ideal choice for professional recordings. The built-in loud headphone amp and studio-grade knobs make it both useful and convenient on the road. The MicPort Pro's low-noise USB microphone preamp features 24-bit/96kHz performance, 48V phantom power, while the loud headphone output features zero latency monitoring. The MicPort Pro also features driverless installation with Windows XP/Vista and Mac OS X 10.5.
MicPort Pro is powered from the USB port and needs no batteries. Aside from recording music and vocals, it is perfect for Skype users requiring extra clarity in communications, Test & Measurement applications demanding flat frequency response, and anywhere else where portability, studio quality and ease of use are required features.
MicPort Pro uses a low-noise, Class A microphone preamp that features a truly balanced signal path, fully shielded design, and an ultra-fast transient response all of which places it in a professional class of preamps. The headphone output is designed to be loud across a variety of headphones. Conveniently located microphone gain and volume control knobs make precise adjustment a breeze.
MicPort Pro is perfect for recording vocals and overdubs, miking instruments and amplifiers, podcasting, broadcasting and interviewing (including stereo). Recording is easy at home or on the road. The compact, USB-powered design of MicPort Pro offers maximum audio fidelity with minimal computer configuration. Encased in a rugged, anodized aluminum chassis, the Class A preamp and low-noise A/D converter of MicPort Pro deliver high quality audio. MicPort Pro also provides 48V phantom power for condenser microphones""even from your laptop. Guitar and bass players will also appreciate the AxePort Pro USB instrument preamp. No drivers. No batteries. No latency.
MicPort Pro is used by the BBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, Harpo Studios, Warner Brothers, and professional musicians and voiceover artists worldwide. MicPort Pro is instantly compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7, Mac OS X 10.4 and above, and Linux.
No batteries. No latency. No headaches. Just plug in and record.
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Audio Interface Features
- Lowest-noise mic preamp with 24-bit/96kHz A/D converter for extra clarity in recordings
- 103.5dB dynamic range, perfect complement to high-end condenser and ribbon mics
- 48V phantom power - compatible with all professional mics
- Loud headphone amp for zero latency monitoring - works with any headphones
- Studio-grade control knobs for Preamp Gain and Headphone Volume
- Stereo capability - record in stereo with two MicPort Pro/AxePort Pro units (Mac & PC)
- Stylish and sturdy aluminum body that's only 4.5 inches (11.5 cm) long
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Audio Interface Specifications
- Sample Rate: 24-bit/96kHz with optional 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 88.2kHz modes
- Audio Input: Female XLR
- Audio Output: Stereo 1/8" headphone jack
- Power: USB bus (no batteries or external power supply needed)
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V (internally generated)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1.5dB (min. gain)
- EIN: -121dBV (A-weighted, 150 Ohm source)
- Dynamic Range: 103.5dB (A weighted, min. gain)
- THD+N: 0.01% (-0.5dBFS, 1kHz)
- Input Impedance: 5 kOhm
- Maximum Input Level (full scale): -9.5dBV (min. gain) to -45.5dBV (max. gain)
- Maximum Output (headphones): -7dBV @ 16 Ohm load, -1dBV @ 32 Ohm load
- Hardware Dimensions: 4.5" (11.4cm) length, 1.9" (4.8cm) width, 2.0" (5.0cm) height
- Weight: 2.2 ounces (62 grams) hardware, 2 lbs. (0.9kg) shipping weight
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Audio Interface Applications
- Voice Over and Narration
- Broadcast newsgathering (ENG)
- Vocal and instrument recording and overdubs
- High-intelligibility Skype communications
- Video production for Corporate Clients and Youtube
- Acoustical Test and Measurement
Centrance MicPort Pro USB Audio Interface Downloads
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I'm a full-time VO talent who has had my own studio since 2003. I purchased this unit for travel, but also as a backup plan. When my primary DAW went down and I needed to record a VO for a national cable TV spot, I hooked this up to my 2nd PC and was able to deliver. The sound quality was excellent, and my client was happy too.
This is without a doubt the best mobile DAW interface. If you are a VO guy than chances are you've already heard about this for a traveling rig. You take the MicPort Pro, your Mic of choice, a homemade Harlan Hogan mic ISO box & a netbook with Reaper installed & you are ready to do about any job thrown at you from your car, a hotel room, a closet, etc. This thing sounds like more than 150 bucks. It's USB bus powered with a decent pre, it's got phantom & a headphone out... really all you need in a pinch. 5 STARS!!!